Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
randrade
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have paid a annual plan, billed last month for the full amount. Now I am getting billed for monthly payments. I know there is no email to contact support, no option to open case in MyArlo, and the live chat option is available, but does not start when I click after entering my data an product details. Not in Firefox, EDGE or Chrome.

Can anyone tell me how to get this solved?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
randrade
Tutor
Tutor

Hi. This issue was solved, but not as it should. I got a call from the support team. After some explanations, the solution they got for me was canceling all the plans (monthly and annual). After canceling, I could only get the monthly plan because the annual is no longer available. I got the unused annual plan credited and the monthly billings credited. I complained, because this is not a 'sound' and 'fair' business practice. In the annual plan, that came with a discount. They discontinued the plan. They showed absolutely no interest in finding the correct solution: that should be giving customers in this situation, created by a system glitch on their part, 2 or 3 free months to keep the discount they promised and had been paid for when signing the annual plan.

But at least now I only have the monthly billing, so it seems better than nothing.

Many thanks for the help I got from the community. At last it is solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi randrade,

Try to clear your cache/cookies from your browser or run on incognito mode to see if you're able to contact the Support Team so they can further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

randrade
Tutor
Tutor

I managed to open a support case explaining the problem. The first answer I got was not useful at all, seemed to be an automated copy/paste. I replied sending the receipts and screenshots. Today got an update asking if the case had been solved... It seems the Arlo support is not working as it should. I replied again. Not easy keeping your hopes up....

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

randrade
Tutor
Tutor

Hi. This issue was solved, but not as it should. I got a call from the support team. After some explanations, the solution they got for me was canceling all the plans (monthly and annual). After canceling, I could only get the monthly plan because the annual is no longer available. I got the unused annual plan credited and the monthly billings credited. I complained, because this is not a 'sound' and 'fair' business practice. In the annual plan, that came with a discount. They discontinued the plan. They showed absolutely no interest in finding the correct solution: that should be giving customers in this situation, created by a system glitch on their part, 2 or 3 free months to keep the discount they promised and had been paid for when signing the annual plan.

But at least now I only have the monthly billing, so it seems better than nothing.

Many thanks for the help I got from the community. At last it is solved.

katman2
Tutor
Tutor

I had a VERY similar experience and thought process surrounding the need for a month or two compensation for the troubles. Definitely not pleased with the outcome as I feel like I've been trapped into agreeing to the monthly cost since we've already forked out the money for the device.