Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
briand22
Tutor
Tutor

I have smart alerts set to People Vehicles and Animals (NOT OTHER MOTION) but I am getting a TON of motion push notifications NOT labeled People Vehicles and Animals.  Its out of control how many I am getting.  It seems like every few minutes I get a ping.  Also my Pro 3's have started doing it as well.  Sensitivity is default however that shouldn't matter since smart alerts is turned OFF for all other motion.  Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

This issue with the Smart Notifications should now be resolved. You can find the status tracker here: Arlo Status

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, it looks like the dev team is looking in to this at the moment. I'll provide another update soon. 

15 REPLIES 15
arichens
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue, it seems like it started recently - last week the smart notifications worked normally, but now even though I have "All other motion" disabled I still get alerts for it.

arichens
Tutor
Tutor

I contacted support about the same issue that I was seeing and they said it's a known issue for multiple customers.

2021-10-19 10_45_16-Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems.png

stevemaximus
Initiate
Initiate
Filtering notifications is not working. I'm getting notifications for all motion even outside of activity zones. Rebooting cameras did not fix.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @briand22

This issue should have been resolved yesterday, can you test again and let me know?

Thank you!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved, can you test again and let me know?

Thank you!

boylekar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue with our spotlight camera. Tried restarting the camera, turning on and off the notifications both on mobile and computer and still having that issue. 

Dan-M
Guide
Guide

Hi @ShayneS, I started experiencing the same issue the past few days, and it has not been resolved. Do you have any advice? Thanks.

System details:

- Two Arlo Ultra cameras, Hardware: H6

- One Hub, Hardware: VMB5000r4

- Last iPhone app update: 10/8/2021. I do not currently see an option to update the app in the App Store

briand22
Tutor
Tutor
Hello it has not been resolved. Still getting general motion push notifications even through all other motion is turned off.
briand22
Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS I just had to turn 2 of the pushes for pro 4s off. I was getting ping notification about every 30 seconds. Others do it as well but those 2 pro 4s on solar do it the most.
cody10
Aspirant
Aspirant

On 10/20, I started receiving "Motion Detected" alerts from Pro 4 cameras which are configured only to notify me for "Person" and "Animal". This issue has persisted into today, 10/21.

I have tried to toggle the settings off and back on, logged out and back in, etc.

cody10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issues with Pro 4 cameras. The issue started on 10/20 and is still occurring.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, it looks like the dev team is looking in to this at the moment. I'll provide another update soon. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

This issue with the Smart Notifications should now be resolved. You can find the status tracker here: Arlo Status

Dan-M
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS, my issue has been resolved. Thank you for working this and posting back to the community. I have had poor experiences with Arlo support in the past, but this was the opposite, and your efforts are appreciated.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dan-M

You Are Welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions 🙂.