Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bagabond
Tutor
Tutor

Greetings all...

I am not receiving any Android notifications for events occuring on my Arlo Smart Premier account. I have several other accounts including an Advanced Monthly. ALL other accounts are sending Android and iOS notifications.

It is just the Arlo Smart Premier account which has stopped sending Android notifications. (It actually sends iOs notifications OK.) Surely this is a server-side problem?

A case raised with ARLO support service which is supposed to be part of my Arlo Smart Premier subscriptions has not borne fruit (no surprise here).

It is somewhat bizzare that ARLO's support regime seems to be encouraging me to split 10 cameras across a couple of free accounts!

Have any of you gurus got any ideas before I ditch this paid account?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the providing the details that you have tried out. Let me reach out to you via private message to have our support team look into this further.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it only happens on Android, I would reboot the phone and reinstall the app to start. Make sure all permissions are allowed in the phone settings for the app.

Bagabond
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jguerdat.

I'm not real big on the "lets reinstall the app" idea.  It reminds me of the bad old Microsoft PC days when the standard helpdesk advice was to reboot!  I have in fact re-installed the app and the problem manifests itself on multiple anroid devices, so we can rule out the phone as being the problem.  Now that I know what to test for it has been found to affect multiple base stations.

I had erroneously concluded from my remote testing that the problem would affect both Sound and Movement notifications.  Wrong!  It only effects events triggered by Audio.  These events do not produce the reguired Andriod notifications!  I was testing a remote site and the only way I can trigger an "event" is by turning up the audio on a camera until it triggers an event.

It now seems that in the Arlo world not all events are created equal.  I haven't passed this onto Arlo support because nobody seems to actually care anyway!

Regards

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Bagabond,

If you're seeing multiple Android devices and Base Stations are affected with the notifications not working properly, try to power cycle your Base Station and test the notifications again.

Bagabond
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica

I regularly reboot my base stations (which are at different physical locations) and it has had no effect.   The sound triggered events consistently fail to provide an andriod notification. 

I've even tested this on two different android phones, different locations, different accounts, and more recently different account types (not just Smart Premier) and different camera types.

The ONLY common factor in this is the  arlo servers.

Regards

Doug

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the providing the details that you have tried out. Let me reach out to you via private message to have our support team look into this further.