Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Akulaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got 3 Arlo Ultra's, Video doorbell and chime. My trail period has ended and unable to continue the legacy plan.  Even when i quote that their Product Manager Greg has explicitly said that customers when trail period ends can continue their legacy plan ends. I did not cancel or make any changes to my subscription and kept my payment details updated so that i could continue but Arlo's customer support is awful, they are not aware of this and just keep regurgitate the script that they are given. Finally got someone who understood but can't do anything except forward it to a "relevant" department that wont reply for weeks. The secret department can't be reached by phone or chat and simply have to wait for an answer. Has someone in the community been through such issues ? I am hugely disappointed in Arlo's customer support. Could someone from Arlo solve this for me please. My case id is 41745589.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Akulaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue has been solved after a immense amount of hassle.  It was just a straight forward case. I think what Arlo tries to do is... Say they cannot do anything, they cannot reinstate the old legacy plan in server , disconnect the chat after waiting long times, test your patience and see if you buy the new plan and offer 30% discount (for 12 months) and then finally after a uphill battle some some guy shows up with secret IT skills who can reinstate the legacy plan.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have mentioned in past if testing a new camera to use a new account ( email/pw )....

If you decide to go with the new cameras and account you can move all over. If not , you still retain the older plan as long as no changes have been made...

At least you have options.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Akulaa
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have no options to continue the legacy plan. Arlo is asking to subscribe to the new plans.
Akulaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is Arlo customer so non responsive ? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Akulaa,

I received your private message and responded back to receive more information from you. Hope to hear back from you via private message.

Akulaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue has been solved after a immense amount of hassle.  It was just a straight forward case. I think what Arlo tries to do is... Say they cannot do anything, they cannot reinstate the old legacy plan in server , disconnect the chat after waiting long times, test your patience and see if you buy the new plan and offer 30% discount (for 12 months) and then finally after a uphill battle some some guy shows up with secret IT skills who can reinstate the legacy plan.  

Akulaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

But i must thank Jessica who i think did what she could do.