Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion alerts send push notifications even when turned off

Discussion stats
Nibor_D
Aspirant
Aspirant
For roughly a month now, my system has been sending push notifications for general motion alerts, despite this being ticked off on all cameras on my system in the smart alert section. The motion detection has also been extremely inaccurate, and things that seem to be quite obviously easily detectable as an animal, vehicle, or person are flagging as general motion and pushing notifications that do not have animated previews. This is related to my previous post, and though removing all devices from my account and re-adding them seemed to help for a brief while, the problem continues to persist. Cameras are a combination of two Arlo pro 2 and 2 Arlo pro 3
58 REPLIES 58
Gabius
Aspirant
Aspirant
As sais un thé first message yes, all is unchecked.
Notification by email ans push notifications…
Tried check it save and the uncheck it, doesn’t solve the probeleme
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gabius

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

posp
Tutor
Tutor

Hi. Is there any solution to the issue reported by Gabius in post #47?

I am having same/similar issue. I have the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera. Custom mode to turn-on floodlight only, with no recording or notification. Effectively to operate as a light only after dark. Initially worked as intended, however now receiving non-descriptive push notification starting with "#alert ..." when light gets triggered. This is also often triggered by motion outside activity zone, e.g. passing car for example. So, I adjusted camera positioning to reduce this type of trigger. The only difference is that I have now camera connected to the outdoor power cable, vs battery only initially. I have exactly same camera in different location connected to Arlo solar panel and without Hub and I am not experiencing this issue. I tried restarting hub, removing and re-activating the camera, re-installing app, turning off and on app notification in the phone app settings, re-creating the custom mode, resetting activity zone etc. Nothing works. Could it be hub related?

Gabius
Aspirant
Aspirant

They said « do not connect it with the hub » « use wifi » 

thanks …

btw it worked and by chance I’m in wifi range, but that’s not the case for all of us.

posp
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for reply, much appreciated.

I suspected it could be Hub related. That's disappointing, as I would prefer using the Hub (better wifi reach, local recording, Apple HomeKit etc). One would hope Arlo could fix it in next Hub firmware.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Arte you still experiencing this issue with your motion alerts when toggled off? There has been a recent update that should help resolve the issue you are experiencing. 

Mackridge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m experiencing the same issue. I’ve tried resetting everything and    even reinstalling stuff. It’s increasingly irritating to get 3 alerts every time someone walks to the side door / I’d turned off two of the cameras so I only got one when they came onto my property, but the others continue to message me. 

Gabius
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed this issue by using wifi instead of the hub, for the camera.

they said it’s not supposed to by used with hub.

it was advertised to be used with and without hub btw, so I think they are aware of something wrong with the camera and try to hide it.

Now I don’t receive notifications for anything anymore, but sometimes it doesn’t record for days and I have to reboot the camera.

hope it will fixe your issue 

Ag01
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue is where is the customer service #,,, why do they not have it listed. I will definitely not purchase another item. I can’t seem to get any over the phone assistance. Why?