Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
arlo_customer1
Follower
Follower

I have had an Arlo Smart Premier Legacy package for 10 cameras for the past few years. I recently had a camera stop working and had to reset it. Upon resetting it, I cannot add it back to the network and I just get an alert that says "now's a great time to upgrade my account." I have contacted customer service and they said it's a bug they've known about and will add the case to their backlog to fix (with no ETA). They said this started happening when they released the new subscription plans.

Anyone else having this issue? It's mind boggling that they would not conduct more testing before rolling out changes that would impact their most loyal customers. This basically makes any camera you have to reset a brick until they ever get around to correcting this issue. It's been over two weeks since I submitted the case to Arlo support and no response/update yet.

And when I looked at the pricing of the new plans, I was shocked at the increase. Currently paying $99/year. New plan for same number of 10 cameras is now $209.58. That's an increase of $110.58! Definitely not upgrading or changing my plan ever.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Issues with camera being remove have caused the issue you describe. That must go thru Support

But remember, if you change anything of your subscription, you will be bounced out of the legacy plan and pushed into the new paid plans... so be careful.

I'd almost be happy with 9 cams at your current price over the new possible cost !

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ws042161
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m in the same boat, have called emailed and online chatted with support for 3 weeks have 4 service tickets and still have not received the service I’ve paid for. It funny they changed there plans to only support 5 cameras and require you to pay for each additional camera and those of us who have been customers for years and are grandfathered on the old plan that supported 10 cameras now are being cheated out of the service we are paying for. 

smithcamp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have exactly the same problem. I have been trying to resolve this for 2 months with arlo tech support and no success. I think we are just getting the run around - there is no question this could be fixed by arlo. It is clear they just don't want to fix it to force existing legacy customers to move to their more expensive plans otherwise they would just get my 10th camera activated to my account like it originally was. It is unfortunate since not fixing this will just alienate the long term customers and create huge distrust and we all know once trust is gone with customers companies are in big trouble.
RobMol
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upon expiration I checked the subscription page and the new plans yesterday (plan was still active); I provided CC info and then pressed the button to stay with existing plan. Received no whatsoever confirmation of my choice - so I did this a couple of times to make sure to prevent expiration.

Result today: Legacy plan expired, all recordings deleted.

My question to Arlo Support includes the term lawsuit.

Akulaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the same boat here. Did you end up with legacy plan buddy ?

ws042161
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I do I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and have heard back from the BBB that Arlo has not replied to them so they we’re going to send a second notification to Arlo. Its looking more like a time for an attorney to get involved.

Akulaa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh no. I wish I read these forums before I bought Arlo. Thinking better to sell the cameras and get into nest ecosystem.