Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MaBoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro3 with 3 cameras and I want to subscribe to the Arlo Smart Premier Plan. When klicking on "Subsribe Now" I have to login again and after that I just get the message "No subscription" - nothing else! I am located in Argentina and obviously that is a problem. Without a subscription the equipment is pretty useless for me. Any clues how to get around this problem? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The system is hardly useless without a Smart subscription. It's a nice added feature but doesn't magically make things better.

Did you read the FAQ here in the support section as to what countries can get a subscription? Argentina is not listed as a supported country. Why the app/web client kicks you out so you have to log in again isn't something I can answer but it's futile to try.

The only ways you could get a sub would be to remove the whole system from your account and either go to a country that can get a sub to set it up or to use a VPN to do so. You would also need a credit card for that country.

MaBoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the clarification. I am travelling a lot so I do need remote access. It is not clear to me why Argentina (and other countries) is/are excluded, s long as one pays with an acceptable credit card (which I do have).

The internet providers in Argentina do not allow accessing the router so that I cannot set up a VPN or enter the relevant port forwarding information in the router settings!