Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ray4156
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to get recordings from usb storage if you have a usb disk in Hub / base stations? 

And even above 1 week / 30 days in online coverage?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ray4156 wrote:

Is it possible to get recordings from usb storage if you have a usb disk in Hub / base stations? 

Yes - only for cameras paired to that base though.  Note that manual recordings are not saved locally.

But accessing that storage can be tricky.  If you have a smarthub, you can set up direct access to local storage - that will give the primary account access via the app.  But to see them in a PC, you need to eject the storage and connect it to the PC.  If you have another base, you'd always have to eject the storage.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Some folks live with the restrictions and use direct access instead of a paid subscription.  Personally I think the extra benefits of the subscription are worth the money, so I use the USB storage as backup.

@Ray4156 wrote:

And even above 1 week / 30 days in online coverage?

The app lets me see videos back to one month ago (using direct access to local storage).  I'm not sure if that's an app restriction or not - there could be more videos stored on the USB storage (there certainly is enough space for more).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. USB storage can't be deleted except by 1) the setting to erase older videos when the drive is full or 2) safely ejecting the drive and using a computer to delete them.