Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
I purchased a 2 camera Pro 3 system with a 3 month trial. I can add Smart Notifications to the camera's, but if I try to add an Activity Zone I get an error message saying AC is required. I did a reset of the base and reconfigured everything but problem remains. I have app version 2.9.2 on Android.
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Phoney49 wrote:
I purchased a 2 camera Pro 3 system with a 3 month trial. I can add Smart Notifications to the camera's, but if I try to add an Activity Zone I get an error message saying AC is required. 

That should work.  You might try removing/re-adding one of the two cameras, and see if that makes any difference.

If it doesn't, then try support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
Activity Zones appear fine on the Web, but on the Android app I get a warning that AC needs to be connected. Opened a case with support, waiting on results of escalation.
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
This problem is on going. No resolution from support. No update.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Phoney49

Are you trying to set a zone with a camera active under the single add on smart subscription you have?

Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
I am setting zones under the Smart Plan trial I received when I purchased my 2 camera Pro 3 system.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The zones work fine for both cameras over the web browser right? have you verified creating & testing them?

Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
I am not sure what you are asking. My problem was verified by 2nd level support and escalated to engineering who are working on it. I won't know anything else until they decide to tell me. Case number