Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CtK4949
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting alerts for shadows, I have "All other motions" notification off. But it still sends me notification as "Animal" LOL!! I have turned motion sensitivity down to 20% and it still goes off!!

Screenshot_20230511_104420_Arlo Secure.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CtK4949,

Is this a new issue, how long has this been occurring? Try restarting the camera. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

CtK4949
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess before it use to just say Motion, now it says Animal. I'll try restarting it.

CtK4949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was not able to fix it, I had to move the camera. But now its not covering the door anymore. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may want to use a different mount if the door is still possible to cover. The use of an outdoor threaded mount that uses the standard 1/4"-20 thread (tons to be found on Amazon as well as here on arlo.com in accessories) may give you the extra ability to rotate the camera to actually cover the door.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CtK4949 wrote:

I guess before it use to just say Motion, now it says Animal. I'll try restarting it.

Are you ok with turning off animal notifications also?

CtK4949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dont think its the mount, I just had to move it far away enough from the shadows, dont cause the "animal" notifications.

CtK4949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nah, we have dawgies. So need animal notifications.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CtK4949 wrote:

Nah, we have dawgies. So need animal notifications.

How far away is the camera from the house?  Note that the motion detection range is only about 20-25 feet.

I'm thinking that if you want get alerts when someone approaches the entrance, you might need to position the camera somewhere else anyway.