Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Veedems
Guide
Guide
How do I get animated previews from the latest iOS release? I have Smart Premier but can’t seem to figure it out. Click the play button still loads a live feed and clicking the video just opens the full clip in the app. What am I missed to get the animated preview?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Community,

You should now have access to the new Animated Preview feature introduced in Arlo Mobile App 3.2:

• Expand your notification to gain a better understanding of what triggered an event. View a short video summary from your phone's locked screen, to determine if you need to take action.

Note: Press & hold on your rich notification until the Animated Preview appears.

For more information on 3.2, see here: Arlo Mobile App 3.2

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be different on Android but it's my impression that it's the PREVIEW that's animated. That would be when you're just looking at the notification, not clicking on it.

From the Google Play Store description:

Animated Preview - Gain a better understanding of what triggered an event. View a short video summary from your phone's locked screen, to determine if you need to take action.

Veedems
Guide
Guide
Unfortunately, the previews aren’t animated.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a feature in the 3.2 app.  Is that what you are running?

Veedems
Guide
Guide
Yep. 3.2 on iOS
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Veedems wrote:
Yep. 3.2 on iOS

Ok.  The 3.2 update hasn't shown up yet for me (which is why I asked).

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have 3.2 on Iphone since yesterday and I do not see animation on the alert, just the same thumbnail so not sure why since it is listed as an update. Not big enough deal to reboot the phone for now. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed on Android. I see the subject boxed but no animation. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

The animated preview is being introduced in waves after the 3.2 update. You should have access shortly.

Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Community,

You should now have access to the new Animated Preview feature introduced in Arlo Mobile App 3.2:

• Expand your notification to gain a better understanding of what triggered an event. View a short video summary from your phone's locked screen, to determine if you need to take action.

Note: Press & hold on your rich notification until the Animated Preview appears.

For more information on 3.2, see here: Arlo Mobile App 3.2

StuH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Press and hold on the alert. The animated preview will appear.