Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Corvae
Guide
Guide

I am very frustraited with the difficulty JUST to get get an invoice?  Anyone else have this problem

1) I look at Arlo.com with no invoice option.

2) Look at the support site and told that I need to contact support to get an invoice

3) I call, but there is no customer support opition, just technical support.

It should not be so hard JUST to get an invoice!!!

To add insult to injury I was asked to fill out a form to indicate how satisfied I am with the website.  Well, that provided an error and did not take my response.

65 REPLIES 65
colmg80
Star
Star

I was in the process of updating my camera system (4 years old now!) and I am looking at Eufy. This company enables you to store locally and also cloud storage. Pretty much like Arlo except, cheaper and you can easily access your monthly invoices for business expense.

Just thought I would share. Getting really annoyed with the lack of progress on this.

JohnMartin
Tutor
Tutor

How do you get an invoice? They used to be email monthly, now this seems to have stopped. 

There's no option in My Account or anywhere else I can find.

JH62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

Was advised to call helpdesk in Sweden. Tried for four days were disconnected every time. I doubt there is an intention to help.

phsc
Guide
Guide

I don't think Arlo reads all our posts here...

I suggest that we all write Jessica from Support in a direct message

Send this user a private message 

Then hopefully Arlo will see the problem.

maimee_bergeson
Tutor
Tutor

Seriously, what has gone wrong with Arlo? The issue with getting invoices is obviously important to much of the user base. Can we get a straight answer as to why the automatic invoice via email went away AND a resolution as to what Arlo is going to do about it? A massive amount of users contacting customer support for a manually emailed invoice must be a time and money sink for Arlo.  Just update the website and let the users get their own invoices. Please!

chrchr
Guide
Guide

I talked to a guy after a couple of calls here in Sweden. Very helpful by taking the ticket. He should sent it to the invoice department because he didn t have access to the invoice system. He told me that the invoices should be sent; if not that day I called him or maybe the next day. That was on 17th november and no invoices have been sent to me yet.

JohnMartin
Tutor
Tutor
Well I spoke to the support team yesterday and had the invoices in my inbox this morning
phsc
Guide
Guide
Excellent!

And what about the upcoming invoices ?
Do you get them automatically now?
Or do you have to write Support every month to request the newest invoice ?
JohnMartin
Tutor
Tutor
I was told they’ll be sent automatically now...I’ll let you know next month
colmg80
Star
Star

So - without requesting it or having to contact support, I have received my monthly invoice from Arlo. I hope that this will continue for 2021. Of note, do check your junk/spam folder as that is where I found mine.

Would be great to see if anyone else got their "unsolicited" invoice.

JoeBip
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will add to the discussion. It is a standard business practice to provide an invoice for purchases. Had I have known I would have to jump through so many hoops to get a simple receipt, I would have gone with a different company. Please fix this or I will find something better with a competitor.

Rayb2001
Initiate
Initiate

Not sure if it matters but I stopped purchasing more Arlo devices and have switched to Ring.  I like the features of Arlo but this issue (not getting invoices) indicates a major problem with their accounting and as a business customer, I can't risk continuing with Arlo.

Maybe if this gets resolved I'll reconsider. That's why I'm posting so I can monitor this. 

like everyone else on this thread, my company asks for the invoice  from the service to validate.  I've tried the route of asking for my invoice but its too slow and unreliable. If I get a invoice, it's not when I need it.

ncombs
Aspirant
Aspirant
What riddle do I need to solve to get a invoice on my monthly subscriptions?
JohnMartin
Tutor
Tutor
I just contacted the support team and the next day I had 12 months of invoices emailed to me then I’ve had monthly invoices since.
colmg80
Star
Star

I have just checked my Arlo invoices again this month. I am starting to receive my invoices every month, well for the last two months without any solicitation to the Support Team. Could it be that they are resolving this solution. Maybe Arlo might be able to inform the community that a change has been made, resolving this issue!

ndoday
Initiate
Initiate

THOUGHT I WOULD START SHARING THIS EVERYWHERE

As an ex-IT Support Company owner and historically a big fan or the arlo range, I can honestly say that Arlo Customer Support is the worst support I have ever experienced ! ( to the extent that rather than buy 4 new cameras to upgrade my old ones I am now looking to gradually replace the system as cameras reach end of life )

Why ? Because I run a business in Spain and I cannot get an invoice ( factura ) for payments my business is making to ARLO !!!!

I have asked my accountant to contact the Spanish tax authorities to see whether this is even legal in Spain who have very strict laws concerning business expenses, why should my business effectively pay 25% more because ARLO won't send me a PDF invoice ??!

I have opened multiple support cases and the responses are:

They totally ignore the case, eventually sending a do not reply email saying the case will be closed

They ask for ridiculous information like log files and serial numbers !!!! ( which I provided btw ) just to avoid answering a simple question, You don't need a log file to give me an invoice !!!

So I then just kept posting the question over and over again on the web against the support case numbers, because I knew Arlo support would close the cases if I did not "respond" I always respond and I get nothing back ! Now, surprise surprise I can't even access my Support numbers when I log in !! ( There is apparently a server problem try later, this has been going on for days, no doubt this will continue and then the cases will shut down due to lack of response !!! )

The only conclusion I can draw is that there is some financial advantage to ARLO to receive income and not provide invoices, to say this process has made me Furious is a huge understatement, I have wasted hours on this, I have asked support to call me, email me from an address I can reply to so I'm not constantly repeating myself......NOTHING !

WHAT A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TURNING A LOYAL CUSTOMER INTO A HATER !