Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to add more cameras without losing my 10-camera plan that I'm already paying?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Falantrius
Follower
Follower

Just got a new camera and I already have a yearly subscription for 10 cameras. However when I went to add the 11 camera I could get a subscription plan to just add one more camera. I plan to go up to 15 it can someone walk me through adding more cameras without losing my 10 camera plan I have already paid for ?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have an older legacy plan. Unfortunately, you'll need to unsubscribe and then subscribe to the new plans which allow for 5 cameras plus single camera discounted subscriptions. If you don't want to do this, all you can do is to create a new account with a second email address and use a new base for the new cameras, Then you can use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first to see all cameras in one login.

Karawo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your camera works wire-free, powered by the battery. When your Arlo camera detects motion, it uses a WiFi link to the Arlo base station to stream video to your Arlo account in the cloud. The appearance of the Arlo base station varies, as shown in the following illustrations. 

Mitoids
Tutor
Tutor

I'm in the same situation as "Falantrius"--recently purchased a doorbell and two more cameras, bringing me to 13 in total.   Really disappointing.   It's ridiculous that I should need to create a second account to keep my current Smart Premier plan for my first 10 cameras.

I use Samsung SmartThings to have the cameras' motion detection turn on smart lights around my property.  As far as I can tell, SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, etc can only be connected to one Arlo account.  So creating additional Arlo accounts is likely to create new problems.

Karawo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You.!