Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
StreetrodTom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the Arlo Ultra kit with 2 cameras as well as the wireless doorbell/video.

The cameras came with the free 1 year Arlo Smart subscription. How do I add my doorbell unit to that subscription?

It only came with a 3 month cloud subscription.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok you never said you already have a 10 cam subscription. Glad it works. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

The one year is a trial subscription for the Ultra cams only. You can't add others to it. You can get a single cam sub for the doorbell since that trial ran out. 

StreetrodTom
Aspirant
Aspirant

dcfox1,

That is actually incorrect, the subscription is for up to 10 units for a period of 1 year, valid until Dec 29, 2021, which was initiated when I installed the 2 cameras. I had 8 spots left.

I had added the wireless doorbell and initiated it's separate cloud trial of 3 months prematurely as I noticed after the fact you can add other devices to the Smart subscription. I cancelled that 3 month subscription knowing that I couldn't restart it again. 

I contacted customer service and they suggested a reboot of the doorbell unit to see if that would allow it to now be picked up by the Smart Subscription, that didn't work. I ended up deleting the doorbell from my system and started from scratch and re-installed it and bingo... it showed up in my list of devices under the ARLO Smart Subscription. 😁

I hope this can help someone else in the future. Cheers! 🍻

dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok you never said you already have a 10 cam subscription. Glad it works. 

StreetrodTom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh sorry, that's what comes with the new Ultra 2 cam kit.