Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello all, researched the community, tried all suggestions. For 4 days I have been trying to sign up for subscription, no luck. Put a ticket into Arlo 4 days ago, no response as of today. All payment info has been entered and is valid. I get the “unable to authorize electronic payment error message”. What more can I possibly do? Phone call to support? 
Thanks for any further advice! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Submitted help ticket, created topic here with some help from moderators (ticket escalation), tried tried tried submitting payment via PayPal for several days, everyday. Then one day, by miracle of Lord Almighty, poof, payment went through. I can only assume a higher power answered my prayer, not kidding. Only other thing I can think of is someone at Arlo pushed it through with no response and “just did it, pushed a button, or whatever”.  

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
giulianogibi
Initiate
Initiate

+1 same problem. tried multiple cards already. can't be an issue on my side.

very disappointing...

any solution Arlo Support?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi CraigArlo,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Hey giulianogibi,

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

gska
Initiate
Initiate

I have been trying to subscribe to the plan as well and I am also getting an error message "unable to process electronic payment"  I have tried multiple times and have also open a case with Arlo.  The said they would get back to me in 24 -48 hours. NO RESPONSE.  I spent over $1,200 on a system that is now not working as needed.  HELP PLEASE!

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Received an email from an Arlo team member, asked for a screen shot of error message, I submitted that, no response. Assuming they are working on it, that was a few days ago. 

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

LOL, this is getting beyond ridiculous. Received a response from Arlo. They said they are still investigating, ok fine. Then they said try and pay for subscription by PayPal. Ok, tried that with valid PayPal account, and guess what? New error message says I am NOT connected to the internet! Will not let me proceed. So, I am actively on Arlo website, but NOT connected to internet! LOL, can’t make this stuff up! If Arlo has no clue what they are doing with the subscription stuff, why can’t they just admit it, at least I would respect that. 

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Praise the Lord almighty! Praise Jesus! I tried this morning again to setup subscription via PayPal, and it worked! I will closely monitor this for continued success. 

GoodasGold
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same problem since Jan 1, 2021. I tried to update my credit card on file for auto pay, but it wouldn't show the page. Now, 2 months later it shows but it is not activating. I've had Arlo since 2018. I continue to receive emails that my account will be canceled along with my videos. 

Jan 1, I called and was told they were having a problem with the site and for me to call back at 10pm. 

After that, they kept telling me how to get to the page, which I was on but it wasn't showing the Payment section. On another phone call, I was told that it was something on my end.... basically, I was told I needed to be mine and their IT.  Giving me a list of this for me to do, which, I am not an IT person and did not understand anything they were telling me to do. This is still going on today, BUT they have sent my CASE to a higher level. 

GoodasGold
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same problem since Jan 1, 2021. I tried to update my credit card on file for auto pay, but it wouldn't show the page. Now, 2 months later it shows but it is not activating. I've had Arlo since 2018. I continue to receive emails that my account will be canceled along with my videos. 

Jan 1, I called and was told they were having a problem with the site and for me to call back at 10pm. 

After that, they kept telling me how to get to the page, which I was on but it wasn't showing the Payment section. On another phone call, I was told that it was something on my end.... basically, I was told I needed to be mine and their IT.  Giving me a list of this for me to do, which, I am not an IT person and did not understand anything they were telling me to do. This is still going on today, BUT they have sent my CASE to a higher level. 

ChiliBean
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying for weeks to subscribe and get the same message. I've sent in a ticket but have no hope they will respond. I've tried all the different methods that others have tried (PayPal included) and still am unable to subscribe. It's like Arlo wants my money (as I keep getting warned my trial is ending and it's tomorrow), but not really 🙂

Jeffroberts
Aspirant
Aspirant
Steps please on how you got through. I have tried a hundred times and just get an error.
CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Submitted help ticket, created topic here with some help from moderators (ticket escalation), tried tried tried submitting payment via PayPal for several days, everyday. Then one day, by miracle of Lord Almighty, poof, payment went through. I can only assume a higher power answered my prayer, not kidding. Only other thing I can think of is someone at Arlo pushed it through with no response and “just did it, pushed a button, or whatever”.  

mjt7
Initiate
Initiate

I also have been trying unsuccessfully to subscribe. Same error "can't authorize electronic payment". Extremely frustrating.

I like the cameras but getting motion alerts every two minutes with no way to see a recording or to limit the activity area makes the cameras useless. I have just turned them off.

Unless i can get the subscription taken care of i'd like a refund as they are now a complete waste.

ChiliBean
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well - I guess they wanted my money after all 😏

Like CraigArlo - I tried again with just a credit card and then one more time with PayPal and Voila it worked. If you are having difficulties and have a PayPal - try again.

I like the fact that Arlo is a local (to me) company, however I’m thinking technology is outpacing them. I keep getting notifications that there’s activity (usually an errant cat, skunk or opossum) but when I go to look, there’s no recordings. Sometimes the recordings will show up days later. So weird. Anyways, the activity zones are good (why I wanted the service). That way I don’t get car traffic, just the night creatures. 

Mouse795
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem using my credit card. I don’t see the PayPal option 🤷‍♀️
BC1018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to get the subscription to go through for a week and no go.  I got someone at customer service yesterday who could barely speak English and was asking me to do things with the computer I didn't understand.  Finally figured out that he was wanting me to save info from my computer and email it to him.  I don't feel comfortable doing that.  I'm no IT person but know enough to know if you send the right info to the right knowledgeable kind of person that they can get into my computer.  There's even a lot online about scammers saying they are arlo customer service to hack into your computer.  When I told him I didn't feel comfortable sending him anything from my computer, he said "I can see you're a strong woman."  Seriously Laughed Out Loud!!!  Then I was put on hold......and I hung up.  Went through contacting customer support another direction, through direct message and was only told to contact customer support through the same avenue I had already gone down.  OMG!!!  If this is as common a problem as it seems to be, you would think they would get their shtuff together and at least make the cameras work without the smart plan like the older cameras did if they can't get the subscription plan to work right.  I have an older arlo system and it runs great without the smart plan.  Unfortunately when I bought newer cameras I didn't know they would have to have the smart plan to work right.  So FRUSTRATING!!  There's so much I love about the arlo camera system but this problem just might make me change systems all together.......of course now I've spent a bunch of money on the new systems....my loss?!  UHG!!  Any guidance in this situation would be very much appreciated!!  It looks like some are just getting the luck of the draw and sometimes it goes thru and sometimes it doesn't.  I guess I will keep trying and see if I ever get lucky............  

BC1018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I saw that some were having luck with paypal.  I tried it and finally got it to go through.  Hopefully we won't have anymore need for customer service or they will get their stuff together a little better before we do.  Thanks to those who commented on what worked for them.  Good Luck everyone!!