Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tomkuhn
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Arlo Support / Community,

I recently signed up for am Arlo Smart camera subscription for 3 camera. In my world $ 4.49 AUD times 3 equals  $ 13.47. But I get charged $13.87 including a 40 cent foreign fee. It's never mentioned anywhere that there's such payment necessary, and while it's not a lot, it's about the principle. I would expect a company like Arlo to setup a bank account in Australia and not force this onto their customers and force them to pay additional fees.   How can I get my 40 cent back and not pay this additional fee every month moving forward?      

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno if it's possible. I would think it's the credit card company adding that charge, not Arlo. Talk to them.

tomkuhn
Initiate
Initiate

I get that the charge is coming from my bank, but I expect that when I pay a $ value shown in AUD with an AUD credit card, that I either don't get charged a foreign fee or it's clearly stated that it incurs such fee. Neither happened.  

I'm wondering if everyone else in Australia who sign's up e.g. to a $ 14.99 subscription fee is paying more than actually $14.99.  

I have signed up to plenty other subscriptions (Netflix, Spotify, ... ) and no other company does such thing.

Anyone from Arlo wants to comment?

ChrisJM
Guide
Guide

Yes... i'm also being charged the fee and not happy about it.

This whole new subscription thing is really rubbish... my Ultra cameras no longer local live stream in 4k, and I'm paying foreign transaction fees...  will be looking at other camera options.