Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Did not get one year smart subscription with Arlo Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
arsh
Tutor
Tutor

I recently bought Arlo Ultra with a Base Station. I already have two Arlo Pro's and old base station with an existing subscription (fully paid and purchased by me) that expires in the next 6 months.

After adding the new base station and ultra camera to my existing account, I did not receive one year of free subscription.

I have read somewhere that people with existing subscription do not get one year of free subscription. I find it really stupid, I also bought an Arlo Ultra kit just like other people who do not have a current subscription. Why is the free one year subscription available to them only? This does not make sense at all.

I tried to reach out support and found out that Arlo support is really hard to reach out to and they have made their website in a way that you are never able to get support over email or chat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
arsh
Tutor
Tutor

I got the free one year premier subscription with Arlo Ultra Kit on my existing account.

Steps:

1 Cancel my existing subscription and get a refund for the remaining months.

2. Remove Arlo Ultra and the Ultra Base Station from my account.

3. Reset the Ultra base station using the reset button at the back of the Base Station.

4. Repair/Add Ultra Base Station to my existing account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
arsh
Tutor
Tutor

More than people who do not currently have an Arlo camera/account/subscription, they should value people who have been using their products since years and are still investing in their new products and should offer them free subscriptions.

Instead they are giving free subscription (with Arlo ultra kits) to people who do not have any product/subscription while ignoring the people or customers who have already paid for it. This is just so stupid of them.

arsh
Tutor
Tutor

I got the free one year premier subscription with Arlo Ultra Kit on my existing account.

Steps:

1 Cancel my existing subscription and get a refund for the remaining months.

2. Remove Arlo Ultra and the Ultra Base Station from my account.

3. Reset the Ultra base station using the reset button at the back of the Base Station.

4. Repair/Add Ultra Base Station to my existing account.