Cross Trigger Arlo Video Doorbell (smart) and Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

As indicated in the title, I am trying to get another Arlo camera to record when the Arlo front doorbell senses motion.  The front doorbell is “smart” and only records if it senses a “person” or “animal”.  I want the second Arlo camera to record only if the front doorbell is recording. When I set the trigger though, “all” motion sensed by the smart Arlo Doorbell causes the other camera to record.  So there are no filters for the second camera.  Why can’t the second camera only record if a smart motion is sensed by the Doorbell or am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@QuintusPre wrote:

The front doorbell is “smart” and only records if it senses a “person” or “animal”. 

No, it doesn't work like that.  It only notifies you if it senses a "person" or "animal".  But it records whenever it detects motion inside the doorbell's activity zone(s).

Unfortunately, you can't set the system up to do what you want - cross-triggering will always record when the doorbell detects motion.  One caveat - if the other Arlo camera has an activity zone set, then the second camera will only record if there is motion inside its activity zone(s).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@QuintusPre wrote:

The front doorbell is “smart” and only records if it senses a “person” or “animal”. 

No, it doesn't work like that.  It only notifies you if it senses a "person" or "animal".  But it records whenever it detects motion inside the doorbell's activity zone(s).

Unfortunately, you can't set the system up to do what you want - cross-triggering will always record when the doorbell detects motion.  One caveat - if the other Arlo camera has an activity zone set, then the second camera will only record if there is motion inside its activity zone(s).

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you for that explanation! I did not realize that. Ok now it makes more sense. I thought the smarts plus the activity zone were both filtering recordings. I get how the system works now. Thanks again!