Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
watchdawg
Tutor
Tutor

When they changed the subscription model existing customers were grandfathered into the existing plans as long as you didn't cancel more make changes as referenced here in the FAQ:

"If I have an annual legacy Arlo Smart plan, will I be able to keep my plan?
Yes. You can keep your existing annual Arlo Smart plan. However, if you cancel or make changes to your plan, you are not able to return to the legacy plan."

Unfortunately, due to a change in my credit card information my subscription was canceled.  I did receive an email invoice that sure looked like it was paid and no where did it obviously indicate that it failed to bill.  So, I noticed that half of my 10 camera system were disabled and when I logged in to the website I was told I would have to add a new subscription at close to twice the cost.  

I contacted support and they are either unable or unwilling to help me, they claim the change of credit card information constitutes changing your plan.  So, if you want to keep your legacy plan, make sure you stay on top of your credit card info and hope that no hiccups cause the payment not to go through.   Support states that they have no way to re-enable legacy subscriptions. 

This is a horrible way to treat existing customers and it's clear money matters more than customer loyalty.  Since I rely on this system for home security I will be forced to pay the higher rate.   I will begrudgingly do so, but this will definitely make me reconsider purchasing any future Arlo products.

I'm currently unable to login to my.arlo.com on the web and the iPhone app doesn't allow you to add subscriptions.  So, half of my cameras have been disabled for several days and theirs no end in sight unless they fix my ability to login(which appears to be a large outage) or I find an android device that will apparently allow subscriptions.  

7 REPLIES 7
Godfrey08
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Credit suspected fraud and block your transaction I need you guys to process the transaction so I can keep my current plan.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@watchdawg wrote:

I contacted support ... they claim the change of credit card information constitutes changing your plan. 

@JamesC :  Can you confirm that is the policy?  That doesn't sound right to me.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @watchdawg

I have escalated this issue & Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Godfrey08

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

watchdawg
Tutor
Tutor

According to the support rep I chatted with yesterday:

"I would like to inform you that we have a new plan. And we don't have an option to get back the old plan. Since the credit card was changed.
7:28:22 AM"

I really hope this isn't the case.  

watchdawg
Tutor
Tutor

For those following along at home, here's the status of this.  So far the best offer I've received from Arlo is a 30% discount for 1 year which sounds decent at first until you start doing the math.  By forcing me to change from my annual legacy plan to a new plan my bill went up 230%/month.   

Even at that, I considered taking or at least discussing it but I can't respond to the link support provided, it breaks with "There was an error processing your request. Please contact with Arlo Support" and this has persisted for days now.  

I sent a private message to the forum moderator who attempted to help above, but I haven't heard back.   At this point, I have severals hours in trying to deal with this and I'm just about at the end of my rope.   I can't believe how horrible this entire process has been, it definitely taints a good product.   I have a substantial amount of money in my 10-camera system so I don't have the ability to walk away immediately and it's obvious that Arlo knows that and just doesn't care.   At this point I no longer plan on recommending their products and when it comes time to upgrade I'll definitely be looking at all the alternatives.   

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

watchdawg - I feel your pain, they just shut mine off one night with a message that I had to choose 2K or 4K, no chance to stay on what I had for a year.  It's any excuse to get you off it and refuse to put you back.  Choosing 2K also prevents you from getting 4k on local.  Told me the camera can not do that, BS it sent 1080 to the cloud and 4K to the SD for a year.  So after buying seven cameras the plan drops to five.  I also bought the 2 year extended service so like you I have to ride it out.  In fact if you read the stock analysis that may be long enough to out last Arlo.