Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't use with my Windows 10 device with Arlo?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
gcash01
Initiate
Initiate

I just paid for a 1 year subscription renewal and now I am told I can no longer use my Windows 10 devices.  Phones are fine but we do not have one that can run an app and secondly, when we travel, we may not have cell service available but we probably will have internet service.  Who do I contact to cancel my subscription and get my money back.  Will start looking for a better replacement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When logging in using the web client on a windows 10 computer, nothing has changed. You can continue logging in using my.arlo.com.

The email you received is only referencing the existing legacy Arlo app. If you're currently using the legacy app, you need to download the new Arlo mobile app to access your Arlo system after september 30th.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe check your computer instead. My W10 system works fine.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gcash01 wrote:

now I am told I can no longer use my Windows 10 devices. 

Either someone gave you incorrect information, or you misunderstood what you were told.  You can continue to browse to my.arlo.com on your PC (either Windows or Mac).

gcash01
Initiate
Initiate

No, I was not provided bad information or misunderstood.  The email was very explicit that on 9/30, I would no longer be able to browse the Arlo site with anything other than  the new Arlo app which is a piece of junk.  It uses up batteries and is very difficult to view all of the devices at one time, unlike the Windows 10 devices which will show up to 6 cameras on one page.  I currently run 5 cameras.  Also, the notifications are a joke.

If you are saying that after September 30, my Windows 10 device will still work, then I will wait 3 more days to see and will let you know, for now, I am still trying to get in touch with someone are Arlo to cancel that subscription.  Which is another joke, getting in touch with anyone from Arlo, either by online chat or phone.  Just doesn't happen.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gcash01 wrote:

If you are saying that after September 30, my Windows 10 device will still work, 

Yes, I am saying that Windows 10 will still work (browsing to https://my.arlo.com ).

The email could have been clearer on that point.  They were very focused on the need to update the app, and didn't mention that the web interface would continue to function.

@JamesC, can you confirm this (so @gcash01 has official confirmation on this from Arlo).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

When logging in using the web client on a windows 10 computer, nothing has changed. You can continue logging in using my.arlo.com.

The email you received is only referencing the existing legacy Arlo app. If you're currently using the legacy app, you need to download the new Arlo mobile app to access your Arlo system after september 30th.

JamesC