Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
mleidner
Initiate
Initiate

I'm on the Manage Arlo Smart page for my Arlo Pro 2 cameras and when I attempt to click and drag one of my cameras into the Active Cameras section, it just gets stuck on the "Please wait..." message. I've tried it in Chrome and Edge and I have Flash enabled. See screenshot attached.

Capture.PNG

23 REPLIES 23
dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

@mleidner wrote:

I'm on the Manage Arlo Smart page for my Arlo Pro 2 cameras and when I attempt to click and drag one of my cameras into the Active Cameras section, it just gets stuck on the "Please wait..." message. I've tried it in Chrome and Edge and I have Flash enabled. See screenshot attached.

They screwed something up today obviously.  I can't turn mine OFF!  I disabled this "Smart" BS on every one of my cameras just so I can get alerts that come in on time. Well, lo and behold, I get a notifcation on my phone today (about 5 minutes after the activity) for a person being detected with an option to call E911 or sound the alarm (no still image of the activity because that feature has never worked for me either).  But anyway, every one of my cameras is inactive for arlo smart, but i'm suddenly getting "smart" alerts... actually just got another alert literally right after I typed all of this for a "vehicle" on a camera that isn't even supposed to give me any notifications.. This should be fun.  They're trying to incorporate vehicle and animal detection and all this crap, but the original smart alerts weren't working right in the first place.  They don't care about making the app work properly, they care about people buying their product.

david8704
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem in Sweden. Can´t add any camera to Arlo Smart. Hangs with "Please wait!"

Any solution for this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mleidner

@david8704

Have you tried to reboot the base station & try again. What firmware version is you Base Station currently running? Can you add/switch the camera through the Arlo Mobile App?

Nygarderk
Guide
Guide

Same thing here, funny thing is that I managed to enable smart for one camera yesterday. I removed it today since smart-notifications wasnt working. Trying to enable it again isnt working.

My system is rebooted, and cameras removed and added again.

Base fw 1.12.0.0_27099

There was a update Nov 27 on the android app, now running 2.6.4_23200

1.JPG

When I click on "Arlo Smart" above nothing happens

2.JPG
Trying to add any camera just freezes on this "hold" sign

Screenshot_20181128-123702.jpg

Only Call a friend option in Android app under Arlo Smart.

Nygarderk
Guide
Guide
Ok, now it's working again. I think it was when I redid the subscription process it started working.
mleidner
Initiate
Initiate

Yes I have tried rebooting the base station, it did not fix the issue. When I try to add/switch cameras through the Arlo Mobile app I receive the following error: "We are sorry, but you don't have permission to perform this action."

I am the owner of the account and am logged in as such.

Firmware version of base station is 1.12.0.0_27099

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star

Same exact issue. Smart zones do not appear to be working either .

Arlo is broke, 

frustrated user here .  The only answer I get is we are working on it?  That’s after hours on the phone resetting my subscription which resolved “nothing” 

Sarah8311
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  I am unable to add my camera's to Arlo smart and am unable to use the features I am paying for.  Would like a fix ASAP.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sarah8311

Did you try to add the cameras with the web portal or the Arlo Mobile App?

Sarah8311
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried on the website, android app, and ipad app.  I couldn't add them on any.  On both apps, it says "We are sorry but you don't have permission to perform this action".  On the website, it just seems to get stuck as someone else mentioned.

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star
Same issue here . Spent hours on phone with tech support. Still no solution?

What are we paying for? Arlo please respond

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you contacted Customer Support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you Arlo Tech Support

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star

Yes. Spent hours on this with arlo support.

first had me cancel my subscription then re-subscribe. Then my subscription got stuck on basic. Called back 24 hrs later still on basic.   Now I am back to showing under premier, but I still get the same damn error that I am not authorized to make this change.

no fix.   I was told that arlo is aware but there is no fix as of yet. My case number if you want to check is 40625755.

really disappointed with arlo sense your last major app update.  Not fully vetted . Lots of issues.  Still like the hardware but if the app and subscription don’t work how long t

do I hold on?

Sarah8311
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I have not yet contacted support.  This Arlo community is a recommended way to get support for problems...so I came here first before having to spend time with actual tech support.  Thank you for the link.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Same issue here. Nothing happens when clicking on Arlo smart, only 5 out of my 8 cameras appear on the arlo smart page, and this is after they had me cancel my plan because they could not fix an issue with my upgrade to the smart premier plan. Im now paying extra for features I do not have. Why not at least put an error dialog box when I clikc on Arlo smart so I know the problme is on their end??

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@devotchko

Ar you still experiencing this issue? Does this occur on the web portal or the Arlo Mobile App?

Sarah8311
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I still have this problem on both the website and on the Mobile app.  On the website it just gets stuck at "Please wait", and on the app it says I don't have permission to perform this action.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What Device(s)/Model/OS are you using?

Sarah8311
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got an Ipad air 2  running version 12.1.1 and a Dell XPS running windows 7 pro 64 bit.  Also, have tried on a droid device version 7 which also says I don't have permission.

Investigate24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Tried on iPhone, and 2 different web browsers. Was on the phone for 30 minutes with support only for their solution to be try it again in an hour or 2!

Investigate24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Support told me to try again in an hour or 2. Pointless. I have tried the app and web browser. 

Investigate24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Support told me to try again in an hour or 2. Pointless. I have tried the app and web browser. ARLO GO

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Investigate24

Did you notify Customer Support with your results?