Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

So i got my camera replaced awhile back and for whatever reason the new camera forced me to start the stupid trial. "cancel all trials" was missing by that point. so i have 5 cameras in my smart plan 6 in total and one stuck in a trial plan.

Got an email that the trial expires today so i thought i might be able to actually move it to the paid for plan i have, nope, it still shows it under a trial plan.

Grrrrr! this is ridiculous, the drag handlebars are missing and its preventing me from moving it anywhere (yes im using the arlo web app on the computer)

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just wait for the trial to end and add it in at that point. A better solution may be to cancel your legacy subscription and purchase a new one with unlimited cameras which automatically moves any camera that has an expired trial into the paid one.

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

my plan isnt a legacy plan, its one of the new plans and does have 4k recording + unlimited cameras (i changed this when i upgraded to the ultra II cameras) the email said your trial ends tomorrow and i got it yesterday morning, maybe i just need to wait longer.

Why oh why wont they let you move the darn camera! i mean ok if they want to prevent customers from accidentally cancelling the trial so be it, but dont lock my camera into the trial 😞 just have a 30 day trial that accepts one camera no matter which camera it is should someone accidentally move it out and need to move it back in.

I get that the cancel all trials was removed most likely to require the customer to use the trial and get used to the service and want to retain it after, but mine has been locked for months in the trial, id rather not have to cancel and then resubscribe, so much stuff goes wrong from what i read that im afraid something will go haywire. maybe ill check back tomorrow and see if the trial is gone

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

the camera was a replacement for a dead camera that was RMA'd i guess the new serial triggered a new trial, before all 6 existed in the plan and were happy

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AshTray900 wrote:

Got an email that the trial expires today so i thought i might be able to actually move it to the paid for plan i have, nope, it still shows it under a trial plan.

IMO they should let you cancel the trial, but for some reason they decided to take that option out.

Just wait, the camera should move to your paid plan automatically when the trial expires.  If for some reason it doesn't, then you can manually move it into the plan then.