Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
StuartElliott
Tutor
Tutor

I've just bought a Pro/2 to replace an original and complement the Pro/1 I also have, but it seems I need to now have a subscription to record video, I honestly would prefer to have just local recording, and not use the cloud at all, but still..

Is there any ways round this, or if I do subscribe, am I gonna f**k up my existing non-chargeable cameras should I stop subscribing ?

4 REPLIES 4
StuartElliott
Tutor
Tutor

Odd, I'm seeing recordings however in my dashboard for the new device, but in the app I can't click the record button in the triggers as it says I need to "upgrade" my account.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How many cameras do you have? Did you remove the camera that was replaced to keep the count the same? Do you or have you ever had a subscription for anything?

StuartElliott
Tutor
Tutor

Had 3, removed 1, then added Pro/2, never had a subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If rebooting the base and reinserting batteries in the cameras doesn't help, I'd suggest starting fresh by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices. Make sure you note all settings, modes, rules, schedule, etc. to speed the rebuild. There should be no problem with any camera in this process.