Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
SunDog
Star
Star

Beware that you may be tricked into thinking you're getting something for free when in fact you are not. While I understand that this might just be a typo of some sort, to me it's really just a "bait and switch".

On top of this, even though I didn't click the "Complete" button and have no active paid subscription, my credit card information is now retained by Arlo and I can't delete it.

Arlo1.JPGArlo2.JPGArlo3.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can't see your photos til a moderator authorizes them but if you were expecting to remain on any kind of free plan, why did you enter your credit card details?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Pretty much any service that offers a free period followed by possible subscription does this. Netflix, among many others, does this. It's nothing new.

Walkywoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing happened to me. It's really shady. And the need to fix it.
iihuntyii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, really have to agree on this one.... not sure how much more blatant false advertising you can get. Tempted to sign up and if they bill me for additional months, dispute and provide screenshots. It clearly states, "0 after free trial ends". 

Villuendas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys,

I'm trying to subscribe to Smart Premier (0$ for first month) but it doesn't work. I click pon "complete payment" and it brings me back to the form toenter the information and I checked many times and all the information I entered is flagged correct...

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you in a country that can subscribe? There's only a select list of such countries - check the FAQ here for the list.

Villuendas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Right, the cameras are in a location in Italy that is not in the list but I'm actually living in Denmark that is in the list.
What happens in this case? The location of the cameras lead vs my location?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not the location but where you initially set the camera up. One way around this is to set up in Denmark and transport it to Italy. The system doesn't care where it's connected but your account does.

Villuendas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. Thanks a pot!