Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Tel1957
Follower
Follower

I have been trying to subscribe for over a month now keeps saying billing service is down. Tech service is no help. Need help

16 REPLIES 16
ZoeyBelle2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't been able to get on the SmartPlan. I would like to get one but it never gets past the trying to log on part. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Tel1957 and ZoeyBelle2,

Could you provide a screenshot that shows this error when trying to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription plan?

ZIllion27
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue. It is defaulting to UK as currency and (unchangeable) country. Tried various credit cards and get this error every time. Trial Subscription ending today and for last 48h has been impossible to subscribe. (error message at top of the page and spinning "please wait").Screenshot 2020-02-02 at 8.02.35 AM.png 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Zillion27,

The development team is investigating reports of the issue you provided where you are receiving an error showing "We are sorry, we are having trouble in Processing this transaction." I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

ZoeyBelle2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have attempted to attached how the screen appears. 

Durable_Toaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have been trying for the past 72 hours to subscribe to a new Arlo package, but every time I try (on both computer and phone) to move forward with payment once logged in I keep getting the following error message;

"We are sorry, our billing service is currently unavailable. Please try again."

Could someone please advise when billing service will be available?

lbartos
Initiate
Initiate

I tried to subscribe to Arlo Premium, but I get the error messgae: “We are sorry, we are having trouble processing this transaction. 

Then i was trying to contact support, but there is no way to contact support: I am redirected to FAQ or live chat. When I try live chat, I am asked to send a bunch of personal data and after I submit I get a message that Live chat is not available.

I have been tying this for a week, my trial expires next week. I am living in Belgium, might be this is the problem?

my last resort is to post this in the community site, probably somebody can advise me.

It is crazy that there is no way to contact Arlo support.

flyyourownwings
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also had the same error since early December.  They responded today explaining that it would go to second level support but that was what I was told in early January.  Fingers crossed they said they would have a resolution for me in 24-48 hrs.  Once a solution comes up I will post it.

erginter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I to have been trying to subscribe from Canada for a month.  Tried different credit cards as well.  You would think that the company would like to take my money..  Call service support is terrible, they give you a case number than you get no response.  Why can't I call company and activate like the good all days???  I want to purchase more cameras but what's the point.

lbartos
Initiate
Initiate

Support replied, but nothing new was said: They asked me again to try in incognito mode using Chrome. They said the same in their previous reply as well. Just for the facts: I tried, Safari from ipad, Chrome (both in normal and incognito mode) and even Microsoft Edge from a PC (Windows 10).

My trial will expire on Sunday (16 Feb), I guess there is no hope for support during the weekend.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved and you should be able to subscribe to Arlo Smart subscription. Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues when trying to subscribe.

flyyourownwings
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still experiencing issues.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi flyyourownwings,

Thanks for letting us know you're still experiencing the issue and providing the screenshot. We've informed the development team about this. We'll let the community know when we hear any new information or update from the development team.

mikegrimes2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also trying to sign up for the promotion plan, still not working. Can't get a hold of anyone with your company. EVERYONE is having this billing problem, please correct. Thank you.

Nwillia2
Aspirant
Aspirant

SAME ISSUE!! Started today...all of my cameras are down. I have Arlo go, pro, Pro2 the whole line....

Number 11 in line with the chat people for 30 min....what crappy customer service. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mikegrimes2000,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to having problems signing up.

Hey Nwillia2,

Could you a provide a screenshot of the problem you're having when subscribing?