Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Adam8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I bought the Arlo pro 3, 4 camera, plus 1 add on camera during christmas and just now got it out to install. I was setting up my account yesterday and didnt realize I have to buy the smart plan AND a continuous video record plan for each camera if I wanted 24/7 recordings. This would come out to roughly 42 dollars a month after tax for 5 cameras. I have a nest camera that I have had for a few years, and up till now, nest was more expensive for 5 cameras which is why I wanted to switch to Arlo. Nest has recently changed their plan prices to 12 dollars a month for their full nest aware features, along with 24/7 recordings for 10 days, FOR ALL DEVICES, meaning it would only cost 12 dollars for as many cameras I want for my house hold. That is a 30 dollar per month difference, and I'm limited to 5 cameras with arlos plan. Is arlo going to adjust their plan anytime to compete with nest's updated plan? I am starting to think I made a mistake by switching, and although it would suck to have to eat up the 1000 dollars I spent on arlo since it is too late for me to return, and have to buy new nest cams, but it would be worth it in my eyes if Arlo didnt update their plans similarly. 144 dollars a year sounds better than 504 dollars a year for smart features and 24/7 recordings, not to mention nest doesnt have a cap on devices. Flat fee for household devices. Let me know if this is at least being discussed in the company, I would like to give Arlo a shot, I thought I was getting the free 7 day cloud, and be able to 24/7 record if it was plugged in and I had local storage. Not sure why 24/7 recording needs to be a separate plan, per camera. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

The 7 day free ended at the pro2.  and the new hub will not do 24/7, only motion recording.  You'll be waiting a long time for a cheaper plan from Arlo.  If you go back through these threads you'll see how they shut off people with the original cheaper plan forcing them to one of the two new plans and if you have a Ultra they even take away your ability to record in 4K to your own SD card unless you pay for the elite plan.  Is Nest looking better yet

Adam8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, looks like I'll be going back to nest. Thanks for the input. Its disappointing they get rid of features that made this company the best.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

It's not run by the same people anymore, they separated from Netgear as a stand alone now.