Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Peter_AU
Guide
Guide

Hi

I have a 1 year plan that was included in my base station kit with three ultra cameras. I received an automated email warning it will expire in a month, but now my cloud storage is gone and I am not able to view my notifications "there is no pictures snap shot in the notification. Also smart detection is not available as in animals are not suppose to trigger alerts.

When I log into my account I can see under subscription "you dont have any smart plans" but at the bottom I can see it setup up with my visa card to auto debit in one month from now. 21st of Nov 2020.

A couple of additional points, I have the original receipts from where I purchased the devices and boxes, but I cant find my arlo smart code.

I also bought more cameras and another base station with a free 1 year plan, can I get that added so I get another year for free?

I have been on the phone now with Arlo waiting in a queue for 2 and a half hours, I worry that you will close the queue and I have wasted an entire morning with you.

I have opened a chat box while waiting and even though I have got through no one is answering my chat messages.

Lastly I have two other tickets already open with you and not getting any responses. This kit is very expensive and your customer service is terrible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter_AU
Guide
Guide

Hi sure you can, but we eventually fixed the problem, it was just a subscription issue.

Feedback  I suppose is;

• very long wait time for telephone, 3 hours.
  • Chat function no responses even after going through the various options and then saying I was connected to an agent.
  • Tickets logged but no updates date for 3  days. Hence persevering by staying on phone for so long. (1 other ticket no update for a couple of months now)

On the subscription issue it would have been good to get a warning email about the first smart subscription expiring, I only got the PVR subscription email which was the confusion. It said it was expiring next month so I assumed my subscription was still valid. Also the other ticket I logged on the same topic it was never picked up my subscription had expired. In the end it was a five minute fix. I got through to a chat agent after trying a couple of times. He was very quick, and could look up and explain about the two subscriptions I had. In fact as I had bought another base station a few months ago said I could use that for another years free subscription.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Peter_AU,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you about your case.

Peter_AU
Guide
Guide

Hi sure you can, but we eventually fixed the problem, it was just a subscription issue.

Feedback  I suppose is;

• very long wait time for telephone, 3 hours.
  • Chat function no responses even after going through the various options and then saying I was connected to an agent.
  • Tickets logged but no updates date for 3  days. Hence persevering by staying on phone for so long. (1 other ticket no update for a couple of months now)

On the subscription issue it would have been good to get a warning email about the first smart subscription expiring, I only got the PVR subscription email which was the confusion. It said it was expiring next month so I assumed my subscription was still valid. Also the other ticket I logged on the same topic it was never picked up my subscription had expired. In the end it was a five minute fix. I got through to a chat agent after trying a couple of times. He was very quick, and could look up and explain about the two subscriptions I had. In fact as I had bought another base station a few months ago said I could use that for another years free subscription.

Hope that helps