Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lewpiper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running into an issue with the Arlo Ultra not uploading video recordings from one of my two cameras to the cloud.

What is still working with this camera: 

•  Motion notifications

• Local recordings are saved and can be viewed without issue

• Live video and audio can be viewed

What is not working: 

• Cloud recordings for just this one camera are not saved ever.

What I have done to try to troubleshoot this: 

• Restart the base station hub or bridge. Issue persisted.

• Restart the camera itself that is not working. Issue persisted. 

• Verified firmware is updated on both the hub and the camera itself. (1.070.50.3.216_cfb9b8d)

• Remove the camera all together and setup as new with a new name. Issue persisted. 

• Verified issue occurs with camera not recording to the cloud in all modes (example armed, scheduled, geofenced and custom modes) 

• Verified cloud recordings are not visible from iPhone app (iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.5.1)  and web browser via Chrome version 83.0.4103.97. Arlo App on the iPhone is version 2.17.  

Notes of interest that I think are likely causing the issue, but do not know how to resolve: 

If I go into the Library tab, then tap filter, and try and filter by device I only see one camera, not two. The camera that is missing is the camera that is not recording. Also when I go to the Settings tab and tap on Subscription it says 0 of 2 camera(s) participating. 

This to me likely is the cause of the issue as I can see recordings just fine locally, but when they are to be uploaded they are just not visible at all. How to go about fixing this is what I am hoping to get some help with. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lewpiper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an update this may have been solved by going to the Settings>Subscription on the web rather than on the iPhone. On the phone it did not give me the option to manage cameras included in the Subscription. From the web it did and I added both cameras. 

I will report back if this appears to have solved the issue. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lewpiper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an update this may have been solved by going to the Settings>Subscription on the web rather than on the iPhone. On the phone it did not give me the option to manage cameras included in the Subscription. From the web it did and I added both cameras. 

I will report back if this appears to have solved the issue. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I was just about to suggest that. hope it works.  There does seem to be a bug lately  that some get notifications but no vid but mine are fine. 

lewpiper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue was resolved it appears after adding the camera to my subscription via the web.