Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart sending emails but not push notifications for "Motions Detected" on iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vucko23
Aspirant
Aspirant
* iOS 12.2 * Arlo Smart Premier * Arlo Pro Camera Rule: [tick] Motion is detected, [tick] Record video, [tick] Push Notification & [tick] Email Alerts Arlo Smart Notifications for the same camera, All Motion Alerts turned ON: People, Vehicles, Animal, All Other Motion iOS Notifications all turned on for Arlo. No app blocking notifications installed. Not in "Do Not Disturb" mode. No Zone areas specified. Note; "People Detected" push notifications work. Yesterday I had "Animal Detected" push notification work when a bird flew past. Just "Motion Detected" not working when the tree leaves set it off. Am I missing something?
10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @vucko23,

When you mention that "Motion Detected" alert is not working, are you mentioning about the "All Other Motion" alert?

vucko23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JessicaP 

Yes, that's correct. I still get the e-mail come through but no notification on my iPhone. "All Other Motion" is ON in Arlo Smart Notification settings.

vucko23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JessicaP 

Just got a Vehicle alert e-mail (that should have been a Motion alert) but no iPhone notification alert!

Seems that I only receive People alerts to my iPhone. 

Smart Notifications still ALL turned ON. I've toggled them all on/off but no luck still.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for mentioning the details for this. Are you on the latest version for your Arlo app on your iPhone? Try to log out, uninstall the app, restart your iPhone, and reinstall to see if that improves your push notifications to work.

vucko23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JessicaP ,

I did exactly as you suggested and unfortunately still have the same issue. 

I just got a "Person" detected notification (that was, in fact, a "Motion" detection).

Upon going into the Library in the app, I found 3 more "Motion" detections in addition to the "Person" detection.

Therefore, if I didn't get the mistaken "Person" detection I wouldn't have known about the "Motion" detections.

Thanks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you regarding the problem you're having.

vucko23
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is still not resolved. Arlo has requested twice for me to arrange a time for a call-back with a Technician. I waited at the specified time and did not receive a call. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back from our support team. I'll send you a private message to gather some information from you so I can forward to our support team.

vucko23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JessicaP  - I appreciate the effort, but this is exactly what we've been doing for the past 6 weeks without any success. I leave my preferred contact details and time with over a weeks notice. I don't get a confirmation, the scheduled time lapses and I don't hear afterwards either. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks again for responding to the private message. As mentioned on the private message, we apologize for the inconvenience. I escalated your case to our support team so they should be reaching out to you with the given date and time.

Feel free to let me know if you don't hear from our support team by then. We appreciate your patience about this.