Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart activity zones down on all Arlo Pro 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DigitalAntics
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having an issue for over 2 weeks now with Arlo Smart and all of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras. 

I have a current and active subscription to Arlo Smart but all of the activity zones refuse to work.  From my understanding I should be able to use activity zones with Arlo Smart while on battery power, thats one of the benefits to having the Arlo Smart plan.  The zones were active and working for over a month and now they all refuse to work saying that I need to be connected to power on all cameras to be able to use them.

I have pulled batteries on them all and have removed them and re-synced along with power cycling the base station and have gotten nowhere with this.  Has anyone else had a similar experience or have any suggestions?  I currently have a case open with support but have yet to resolve the issue and it is rather slow moving and was hoping someone here can shed a little light on my situation.

Attached is a screen shot of the message I get from the cameras for reference.

Arlo Base Station

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.15.0.1_3162_d878851

Arlo Pro 2 cameras (all the same model)

(2 Cameras) Hardware: H4

(1 Camera) Hardware: H3

(3 Cameras) Firmware: 1.125.13.0_31717

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DigitalAntics wrote:

I have been having an issue for over 2 weeks now with Arlo Smart and all of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras. 

I have a current and active subscription to Arlo Smart but all of the activity zones refuse to work. 

Check that the cameras are all shown as participating in the subscription.  If they are, then try restarting the base.

DigitalAntics
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephenB,

I just checked in the app and can confirm that all cameras (3) are active in the Arlo Smart subscription and set up for smart notifications etc.  I am at work at the moment so I cant truly restart the base station other than rebooting it from the app so I will try restarting it again when I get home.  I tried this before and it wasn't effective, however I will give it another shot and report back this evening.

Thanks!

DigitalAntics
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I power cycled the base as well as just tuned it off and on again with no results. All 3 cameras still display that my activity zones are not active and the cameras are all set to use the Arlo Smart service that I am paying for.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DigitalAntics

It looks like you have the basic subscription at the moment. Do you know which plan you are supposed to be subscribed to? You can check your active subscription by going to Settings > Account (Subscription)

DigitalAntics
Aspirant
Aspirant
If by that you mean the Arlo Smart Premier plan for each camera then yes. That's what I have always had and the activity zones seemed to be working. Attached image shows the plan that is on all 3 cameras. I wasn't aware there was a basic plan, only the premier and elite.
DigitalAntics
Aspirant
Aspirant
This shows that I should be getting custom activity zones and that all 3 cameras are subscribed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have these cameras under the active list for smart?

DigitalAntics
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I do.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would like to escalate this issue for you. Do you mind sending me a PM with the best Time/Day/Time Zone & phone number to reach you. I will get this started as soon as the information is received. Thank you

DigitalAntics
Aspirant
Aspirant
pm sent! Thanks, I appreciate the help.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DigitalAntics

You are very welcome,

I just submitted this for you, Customer Support will be reaching out to you durning the requested time/days.

You are very welcome,