Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LCSG49
Tutor
Tutor

I bought this system for one specific purpose — to get package detection and instant alerts. I was able to set up but not mount the camera prior to a vacation. We have 8 other cameras but they don’t alert. While gone an email arrived encouraging me to sign up for Smart — the very same product I bought this to use. Amazon packages disappear off our porches in this area in record time. 

So so now we are home and clicking on link in email I’m told cannot subscribe to this service. I don’t care about saving records. I simply want door bell and to be able to get packages notifications. Animals and cars not an issue. If I can’t get this service for one camera it’s all going back to amazon.  

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LCSG49,

You should be able to receive notifications for any package detection with the Arlo Smart subscription. Do know that the package detection is currently in beta, which means you may sometimes receive false alerts or missed notifications for packages.

You can read about our Arlo Smart Package Detection here: Arlo Smart Package Detection