Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

On 24th of August you sent me an email stating my Arlo Smart Premier subscription was ending (and renewing) on 26th of August.

On 27th of August I was regularly charged on my credit card for the renewal, but you sent me an email the payment was refused.

Today you suspended my Arlo Smart Premier subscription and my property is no longer covered by your security system.

This morning 11:00AM CET I contacted Italian Arlo support.

They told me to send an email with some attachments and I sent it at 11:20AM.

At 03:00PM, my subscription wasn't active so I called again the support and they told me the collegue didn't see my email or forgot... the new support technician told me he was going to escalate the issue.

At 04:00PM the subscription was still inactive and I called again: the support technician told me he escalated and he couldn't do anything else.

It's 05:00PM and I have part of my property still uncovered and night is approaching.

Please fix this immediately, you're providing a security service, not a gaming service.

Thank you.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Locutus73

I see you have a case present regarding this issue. The support team is looking in to this & I have further escalated the issue you are experiencing as well.

Thank you for your patience as we resolve this issue.

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS  ha scritto:

Hi @Locutus73

I see you have a case present regarding this issue. The support team is looking in to this & I have further escalated the issue you are experiencing as well.

Thank you for your patience as we resolve this issue.

@ShayneS Yeah I have a case which gets escalated and escalated, but no solution yet... yesterday I provided evidence of the payment from my Credit Card; today you sent me an email the payment was refused, so I provided evidence from my bank account the paymend was successful.

In the meantime this will be the third night part of my property will be uncovered by your "security system". If I can't trust a security system, it's worthless... you should providing security, you should solve these issues in a matter of hours, not days, otherwise we (customers) can't count on your system/service. Music/entertainment/gaming services, which are not indispensable are quicker than you!!!

Thank you.

Regards.

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS Today I have been contacted by an Italian Arlo manager (not the usual phone support guy), I’ve been asked for further bank evidence of the payment (I provided) and I’ve been assured he would again escalate the issue to the NA departments using his contacts and this and that... and in the meantime this will be the 4th night part of my property is not protected.

If this was any other company (i.e. Amazon), the issue would have been solved with a single phone call and a coupon for a month of subscription, but no... Arlo is risking loosing a long time customer, all people I know (family, my company, etc.), a very bad PR and a legal dispute just for 9 stupid bucks!

Regards.