Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Notifications Queue and Stop Notifying

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ZackScott
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Google Pixel 3 XL. I used to have a problem with Smart Notifications not making any sound whatsoever. However, after the latest updates, that specific problem seems to have been addressed. But now the issue seems more complicated.

When I have zero notifications on my phone, an Arlo Smart Notification will arrive and chime the notification just fine.

However, once Arlo Smart notifications start piling up, my phone will stop chiming and alerting of new notifications. I think this happens around the fourth notification. From that point on, I must unlock my phone, and then suddenly, all waiting notifications appear one after the other, visually appearing from the top and chiming the notification sound one after the other.

It's like the extra notifications queue up and stop reporting in until I unlock my phone.

Does anyone else experience this issue? I'd like to point out that this doesn't occur with the standard notifications on the Basic plan. Those work just fine. This only applies to the rich notifications with photos embedded that Arlo Smart provides.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have the same phone and find that the alerts happen on time if the phone has been recently unlocked (past 2 minutes or so - not sure of an exact amount of time). Once past that time, alerts are very delayed since the battery optimizations cause the app to not check often, even if the optimization is disabled in the phone settings.