Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart - Free Trial "Oops - YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE THIS REQUEST". What's Up????

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

I received an email four days ago (7/28/18) asking if I want a Free Trial of the Arlo Smart.  So today I click "Start my free trial" in the email and it takes me to a website with

"Oops - YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE THIS REQUEST. If this was a mistake, please contact Arlo Support".

See attached screenshot.

I tried logging into my Arlo account first, different browsers, delete cache/cookies.  Evidently there was little testing in the marketing department. Am I supposed to now try to locate some phone number to wait on hold forever or email that goes into the abyss? Perhaps this is a hint of greater "bugs" to come should I try it as I already saw where people who start the trial have to delete cameras and reload them if they let the trial expire.  Hmmmm.2018-08-02_22-25-00.jpg

Oh, and I evidently cannot submit this post unless I 'Choose a label" which consists of only 3 options:

IFTTT, SmartThings, and AppleTV App.  None of which are relevant. Wow. Need I say more of usability?

2 REPLIES 2
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

When I log into the Arlo web account and click Settings, Subscription, I get a free trial pop up.  Do you not get that?

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/settings/subscription

mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

After calling them and 30 minutes later, I was told that the Free Trial for Arlo Smart only is offered to Basic (the freeloader plan) users. Evidently my plan has too many cameras. You’d think they would have the line of code to NOT send me an advertisement then. So much for ‘customer appreciation day’ Cat Tongue