Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Video Quality

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
xppdev
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have seen a considerable amount of posts about video clarity and the last version of the firmware.

I can confirm that the new firmware is not the problem. The issue is with the new features added that identifies people in the video. How do I know? My subscription ran out and my video quality returned. I was wow, they got the video fixed, then I saw it was not recording all my cameras and my subscription ran out. When I re-upped my subscription, the quality wet back to pixelated video. 😞

So a couple of questions.

If we subscribe, can we turn off the new feature anywhere? I would like to confirm that is the issue with the online video quality.

If not, do we have an anticipated date of when it will be corrected?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

xppdev,

Arlo Smart should not have any impact on video quality. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

You can manage cameras that have Arlo Smart enabled by navigating to Settings > Manage Arlo Smart > from here you can edit which devices have or do not have Arlo Smart.

JamesC

xppdev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a difference in the server you ar on when it's premium vs not? In looking back at the older videos on the PC, I do not see much of a difference. I was only out of the subscription for a short time (1/2 a day or so). On my phone at the time it was significant enough to notice. I will try turning some off to see if it makes a difference. I do know the quality is not near what it used to be when the system was purchased and hopefully that will get corrected. I also have a USB stick saving the videos I will check there and post pictures if there is a difference. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

xppdev,

There is no difference in server/performance based on subscription. The only difference you should be experiencing is the availability of features/services that the subscription provides.

JamesC

xppdev
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

Thanks for your response. I don't see a huge difference between the current version I have and one from May. Appologies for the misconstrued thought process on the cause ot the issues.