Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
gheil
Initiate
Initiate

I selected an Arlo Smart icon to view what it was about.  It led me thru several steps which i was not interested in.  So I cancelled my review and did not subscribe.  However, Arlo Smart took over my system blocking my ability to see my own recordings.  How can Smart do that without any subscription?  That was wrong.  I eventually had to reboot the base station and reconnect all my Pro 2 cameras to gain back my ownership abilities.  Smart has no right to infiltrate my system without a subscription.  Please have them stop this unauthorized infiltration to private systems without subscription!  

2 REPLIES 2
whittlehome2005
Guide
Guide
My system required a firmware and base station update and I can no longer see or get into my cameras.
I previously too had clicked on the smart to see what it was about and I’m wondering if that may have made its own changes to my setup without permission??
gheil
Initiate
Initiate

Boy, sure sounds like it.  Just what happened to me.  I made several calls to Arlo but their reps could not pinpoint how that could happen but suggested rebooting the system (which worked with effort).