Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see no options in the app for Arlo smart. Premium account.

Thanks
23 REPLIES 23
JarheadTN
Guide
Guide

You have to go out to the PLAY STORE and pull up Arlo.  It will need an update.  However, don't expect to be able to set it up. They appear to still have some bugs not allowing Premier Users to add their cameras or set up e911.  I logged another thread for that here and on Twitter.

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I actually got the update this morning but it just said bug fixes
Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Must be delayed as usual coming to Canada
JarheadTN
Guide
Guide

Check update again - they did not release Arlo Smart until mid afternoon Central time. 

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just uninstalled and reinstalled no change
JarheadTN
Guide
Guide

Well, even if you had received it, chances are you would not be able to do any maintenance on it.  I have the options on my account for Manage Arlo Smart and e911 but when I attempt to set up, there are no cameras available for one and the other states I do not have the correct level of account.  I have Premier which I believe they stated includes these new options. 

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
What version is your app?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We started the roll-out of Arlo Smart last night, however it may take up to 24 hours for the new features to be available in your account. Sorry that wasn't pointed out in the FAQ! 

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James
jdubbs413
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC how do we take advantage of the free trial?  It acts like it wants to charge 9.99?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jdubbs413,

Going through the subscription flow after selecting the free trial, you should get to this screen:

The 9.99 will be charged if you choose to keep the Arlo Smart after the free 30 day trial.

JamesC

jdubbs413
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC right unfortunately I don't have the free trial option for premier it wants me to pay for it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wklovelace3,

Some of the features of Arlo smart have changed since the beta. For a current features list, take a look here: What key features are available with Arlo Smart?

jdubbs413,

Do you currently have or have you had a premier or elite subscription in the past on your Arlo account?

JamesC

jdubbs413
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I have never had either. I did do the CVR plan for a month though. @JamesC
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wklovelace3,

You can edit this by navigating to Settings > My Devices > select the desired camera > Arlo Smart. From here you can toggle "People" or "Other"

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wklovelace3,

Do you have the latest version of the app downloaded from the app store?

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wklovelace3,

If you log in to the web client, do you see Arlo Smart and the options as I've described above?

The path for Android is slightly different, Settings > Arlo Smart > Manage and Notifications. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be seeing this if you have the latest version of the app (2.5.2). 

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wklovelace3,

The Gray Arlo Smart text under settings isn't selectable, it's just a header, underneath that you should see "Manage and Notifications".

JamesC

jdubbs413
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still can't add the free trial. I opened a live chat with support and the rep asked if I had Arlo Smart before? I said "It was just released yesterday?" and she said "What was released yesterday?' I had to copy and the paste release. The rep had no idea!! What a joke. All I was asking for was the free trial, for some reason I don't have the option on my account? Stay far away from Netgear/Arlo folks

Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Repeating my original post my Android app has no options for smart. My account is premium. Located in Canada. My Android app updated yesterday to 2.52. My account only says Premier no mention of smart in the name.
Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant
On the website I have an option for smart for each camera, but when I click it takes me to the view plans page with premier selected.
Johnwalk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup. Don't know why they cannot answer simple questions. Is it available in Canada. I paid for premium just for this feature. Guess I should cancel the premium plan. Also put in a support ticket but no replies at all.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Smart is currently available only in the US. An announcement will be made when it becomes available in other countries.

JamesC