Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add spiders to animal recognition

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mewanna
Follower
Follower
Spiders often set off the camera alerts when they climb over the lense. The ai animal detection doesn't re cognise these, so I end up getting alerts in the night, sometimes many. It would be good to add this to cognition to the animal detection features.
2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mewanna,

Your feedback will be provided to our development team. In the meantime, please share these videos to the development team by choosing "donate" from your library. When library content is donated, it is sent to the Arlo development team for research/analytics purposes. The video isn't shared with anyone outside the development team or on the Arlo website.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I used to have the same problem with moths at night and as Jessica suggested donating them is best, they eventually got it so most are motion so no night time notification.  Actually I started donating every mistaken notification and it has helped with many other mistakes.  Cars being called people or no notification because it was called motion etc.  It's hard to believe their AI in 2021 isn't better than that but donating is the best way to improve it at this point.