Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ab21au
Guide
Guide

I have the ELITE 5 Camera subscription but recently I have not been notified from any camera. Recording have been taking place. I have always been notified and it was occurring a couple of weeks ago.

Is this something in my subscription or at my end, with my phone.  Note: I have not been receiving notifications on any device.

I have "Allow Notifications" set to ON at system level in phone / settings / Notification / Arlo. 

14 REPLIES 14
ab21au
Guide
Guide

You're lucky, I get no notifications at all and, as you do, I have them turned ON. It is triggering  as I get video if I go into the app.  

I have tried everything short of the throwing them in the bin and starting again with a different brand of camera.

ab21au
Guide
Guide

.... and the "throwing in bin" will be done soon unless I get this fixed. NOTE: I have been receiving notifications on all my devices for several years ...... until recently.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @ab21au

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

ab21au
Guide
Guide

Firstly thanks for your help.  My system has worked flawlessly for several years until recently (past few weeks).

Because I am not getting Arlo notifications on any of my devices (I am getting notifications from every other App Eg: I get notifications on both my phone and watch when I close the garage door), I assume it had nothing to do with notifications, however just in case, I checked Settings on my iPhone 10 and all settings were ON.

I checked all the Arlo firmware was up to date and reset everything. What I am about to do is check all the WiFi connections but I assume this is not an issue as the recordings are going to Arlo cloud and also stored on the SD card. It is ONLY notifications I am not getting. I am also about to check the storage is OK (not full) on the SD card.

Thanks for any help I can get.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @ab21au

When you mention resetting your device, did you happen to remove just 1 camera for testing purposes, from Settings > My Devices and Re-add it? 

ab21au
Guide
Guide

I have not removed and re-added any cameras.  I cannot see why I need to.

I am triggering 4K video from all cameras but I am not getting any notification that this has occurred. Eg. My garbage bin was just emptied and I got 2 x 4K videos uploaded to the “Cloud” storage but I did not receive any notification on any of my devices. I am receiving notifications from other apps perfectly. Eg. The Gogogate2 app notifies me when the garage door is open/closed and reminds me if I do not close it each 10minutes. 

Is there are setting in the Arlo / Settings, like turn something off, remove the app, reinstall and then turn on. I have also tried renewing my Elite plan (actually I feel like canceling it altogether).  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ab21au

You can try to Remove and Re-install the Arlo mobile app. Please make sure you have the latest version of iOS on your phone as well as the latest version of the Arlo app v3.0.1 Additionally, Have you verified if the push notification option is checked under Alerts within your Armed mode or custom modes? If they are checked green, you can try and uncheck > Re-Check them and save. Do you have the latest 

If you still experience the issue after this, Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

ab21au
Guide
Guide

The first thing I did was to delete and re-install the App.  The version is 3.0.1 (1989) Released March 1, 2021.

I have the "Push" option ticked on all my cameras.  I unticked and re-ticked it and then Saved it just to see if that makes any difference.  I also ticked "Email" on one of the camera to see if I get an email.  Here's hoping ...

ab21au
Guide
Guide

I got 2 emails from the 2 cameras which I ticked, both (the Ultra said Arlo Smart : Person Detected and the Pro 2 said Motion Detected on Front Door Camera) gave a photo in the emails but still no Notification.  Are the two connected?  If so, is it my devices?  I had discounted this because all other app were still notifying me and with the Arlo app, all devices stopped notifying me. I am running IOS version 14.4.1 which is the latest.

Also I will change the MODE from Armed to Georeference to see if that makes any difference.

When I selected Georeferencing at the MODE, the Arlo App said "we have detected these Arlo devices associated with your account" and them listed an 1 x Arlo Bridge and 2 x SmartHubs.  I should only have one SmartHub, maybe this is the issue????

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the additional info,  Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

ab21au
Guide
Guide

ShayneS, thanks for your help.  Shame I cannot say the same about the other support.  I opened a ticket but apart from my regular updates there has been no action. I was hopeful that last weeks update (3.1) may have fixed the issue but it did’t. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ab21au

May I have your case number so I can look in to this for you?

Thanks!

ab21au
Guide
Guide

42368809 is the number.  Thanks. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ab21au

I see you are currently in contact with your support agent. Please let me know how it goes and I will be here to assist.