Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3 Activity Zones Causes The Cameras To Stop Recording

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey guys, anyone else getting this issue?

When I have a camera running off battery power. As soon as I define the third activity zone, the camera stops recording. When I delete the third activity zone and just have two, it works fine again. I have tried different positioning of activity zones as well.

I've tried creating zones on iOS and through the web portal, both exhibit the same issue. 

The camera is Pro 2, running latest iOS and app version. Notification and settings are correct, as they work with 2 zones, but not 3.

16 REPLIES 16
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @agentthumb

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS thanks for the update, appreciate it 🙂

BobB-ArloPro2
Guide
Guide

I have an ArloPro2 camera using battery power. Because of the location, I was getting flooded with alerts and videos. Now that Arlo Smart is available (I'm trying the 30 day trial), I was able to set Activity Zones (I created 3). But now I'm not getting anything when there is activty within the Activity Zones. I've reset the base station, I've deleted and recreated the zones using the website rather than through the mobile App, and still no luck. Any suggestions?

BSMO66
Initiate
Initiate

With 3 Activity Zones and Arlo Smart Active I was not getting recordings or notifications.  When I turned off Arlo Smart (Set to Inactive) Recordings and Motion Notifications worked with 3 Activity Zones.  With 2 Activity Zones configured and Arlo Smart enabled (Set to Active) I now get recordings and my smart notifications.  I guess I will have to live with 2 Activity Zones until they get Arlo Smart fixed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you -  Arlo Tech Support

agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, case number: 40681495, haven't heard back since 23/01/2019

BobB-ArloPro2
Guide
Guide

Yes, they want me to remove camera from account, power cyce the camera, and sync the camera. Haven't tried yet.

BobB-ArloPro2
Guide
Guide

update. Followed Support instructions (remove device, reset by removing battery, adding device, and adding zones using PC) but Activity Zones still not working properly. I only added two zones this time because I read another user had problems only when adding a third zone, but I'm getting alerts and videos from activity outside the zones. Their software is simply not working correctly.

agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

@BobB-ArloPro2 , do you have a smart subscription? And is your camera running on battery?

Activity zones don't work on cameras that are running on batteries unless you have a smart subscription. 

BobB-ArloPro2
Guide
Guide

Yes, I have a Smart subscription. Activity Zones can't be created without it if running on battery.

agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

@BobB-ArloPro2 , have you confirmed your activity zones are positioned correctly from arlo.netgear.com (the web portal)? 

I've had instances before where the activity zones created in the app wasn't actually positioned where I had it, and when I opened it in the web portal, it was clearly in the wrong spot. But the app still shows it where I had placed it.

Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just noticed that one of my cameras has intermittently stopped recording.  All day long I watched cars and people walk in front of the house and the camera did not pick up any motion.  Before this, it recorded every motion without a problem.  Removing the camera, taking the battery out and adding the camera back did not fix the problem.  I changed my Activity zones from 3 to 2 zones only in hope that this will temporarily fix the problem.

Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice
So I decided to just turn off all zones in the camera. Now it is actually starting to notify me and record motion again. I feel like Arlo makes a step forward in improving functionality only to take two steps back. I really hope they fix this ASAP.
BobB-ArloPro2
Guide
Guide

Hi @agentthumb, thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I used the web portal, and still no luck. 

BobB-ArloPro2
Guide
Guide

radel
Aspirant
Aspirant