Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
monogiant
Aspirant
Aspirant

Costco 3 pack security lights.

The bridge and one of 3 lights sync. Other 2 lights attempt to sync, flash green twice and the app reports device not found - the serial numbers appear in the app but never connect to the system. It looks like the setup fails to reprogram the device to new wireless network but not sure.

A ticket has been opened with support but there has been no reply to multiple follow ups.

I see others have had similiar experiences as well. Anyone that was able to get this issue fixed, they should post in the forum how it was resolved. 

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll take a look at your support ticket. Try removing the lights that have the issue from your app and then attempt to resync.

Log in to the Arlo app and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the problematic light > Remove Device

JamesC

monogiant
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for responding.

I did attempt to remove the failed connection lights (removal worked) - but re-adding the lights seems to have the same outcome. I attempted to add one light on android 8.0, and another on iOS 12.1 - both devices on current arlo app; during the android add, same outcome of blue sync turn to three green flashes and then device appearing in app but not responding. The iOS add did the three green after blue sync but then seemed to have a white/purple light before the app failed to find the device (though it shows up in the app the connection doesn't exist and times out if attempting to manipulate the light). This is on a mesh wifi network and my network monitor does not detect the devices at the point they should be switching onto the network. Any additional help is apprecaited.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

monogiant,

The lights sync directly to the bridge and won't appear on your mesh network.

It could be an interference or range issue that's causing problems during the sync process. Are the lights close to the bridge when you're attempting to sync (within a few feet)?

JamesC

monogiant
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I've initally tried the sync 4-6 feet away; worked for the first light in the set. For the two that won't sync I've tried as close as a foot from the bridge - the lights on the bridge appear to coordinate with the lights during the sync (bridge stops looking after the light flashes green three times).

I've attmped the resync this morning for the two lights that don't sync - they do appear in the arlo app but still are eternally offline. 

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

monogiant,

I'm currently working with the development team to find a resolution to the issue you're experiencing. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Jwelc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having some issues, following thread.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jwelc,

What issue are you experiencing? Can you provide details?

JamesC

Yogibobo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the 3 pack from Costco as well and I am having same problem as well. I have done all the exact procedures to no avail.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yogibobo1,

Are you saying the lights flash green when trying to sync (indicate a successful sync to the bridge) but they do not show up in the app?

JamesC

monogiant
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC DM'd me that development had done some work on their side and asked that I reset the security light bridge again. After completing the security light bridge reset, I was able to get all three lights joined and operational. I'm glad that JamesC was available and watching these forums to assist in getting this resolved.

Even though these lights don't work with the arlo magnets, I was able to find a arlo compatible screw mount that hangs from gutters to make these lights perfectly usable without damaging exterior walls. Looks to be a good compatible solution for use with my existing arlo systems.

FlameKeeper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Costco 3 pack. Same problem here, however, I have 2 out of the 3 pack to sync.

The last light will not sync no matter what I've tried. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FlameKeeper,

What happens when you try to sync the last light? Is it close to the bridge when you make the attempt (within a few feet)?

JamesC

Yogibobo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I finally got all three to sync. It took several attempts to remove bridge and start over. Then it took 3 times per light to get synced but finally successful. I was right over the bridge to do this. Glad I finally got them to work. I was trying not to be disappointed in my purchase.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation