Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
lovejones
Star
Star

purchased and recieved my arlo security light, however, when i goto sync in looks for the bridge, when i purchased i did not know i needed a bridge. i dont live in USA, i am in aus, does anyone know if i can get one of these bridges here?

thanking your help.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that the bridge is sold separately. You likely need to buy a kit that has both the bridge and at least one light.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@lovejones wrote:

when i purchased i did not know i needed a bridge. 

It is a bit worrying that anyone can sell these things without making it clear that you need a bridge. There should be a big warning sign on any sales pitch.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Arkmodeus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi additional question here - If I have a base station (Pro) and it has 5 cameras (the max for the basic subscription), does adding the light count as one of my 5 devices, or can I add as many of the lights as required without having to upgrade my subscription beyond basic?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arkmodeus,

Which lights kit did you purchase? The ALS1101 or the AL1101 (you find this SKU on a sticker on the bottom of your box.

If you purchased an ALS1101, this kit comes with a bridge, be sure to check the contents of your box for the bridge.

If you purchased an AL1101, this is a standalone light kit. You can purchase a bridge from Amazon US, Frys US or Best Buy US.

Lights do not count toward your camera subscription limit. You can add as many lights as you want to an account with 5 cameras on the free Basic subscription.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation