Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video trigged by Arlo light not stored locally.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
Now that I can easily view video stored locally, I notice that when I have motion detected by a Security Light trigger my Pro 3 camera, which is connected to a Vmb5000, it records to the cloud, but NOT to the local SD card. When the camera detects motion, video is stored in both places, but when triggered by the Security Light, it is only stored in the cloud. Is this by design or a bug??
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
Nobody else has this problem? Oh well, I still do.
I contacted support and after 4 hours of 'problem isolation' they asked me to re arrange all my cameras on different bases to see if I still had the problem. No thanks. I will just add it to my list of idiosyncrasies with Arlo, and move on.
Arlo is complex. Cameras, hubs, apps on various platforms, servers, internet connections, etc. and then constantly introducing new hardware and new features. It is a marvel that it works at all.
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary

I opened a case for this problem, 41363583. I also added a second rule on the light to trigger a recording on a different Pro 3 camera on a different hub. The problem is the same ie it records to the cloud, but not locally.  So this occurs on both the VMB5000 and the VMB4540.

I also have the problem reported elsewhere, that sporadically I get a recording locally that does not make it to the cloud. This has nothing to do with the light.

I also notice that if the camera you want to trigger does not have an active rule, ie it is not detecting motion, the light will not trigger it at all. Not sure if this is by design or not, but useful to know if you are wanting video

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation