Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3010r2 - 5 cameras, can I add security light?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SickoMode
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I have a VMB3010r2 - whcih has 5 cameras synced to it. I think I'm maxed out where I can't add another camera (please advise, not sure), however can I add security light to my system if I already have 5 cameras? Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. The light doesn't count as a camera so you can add lights without needing to upgrade your subscription level. Make sure you get a Lights Bridge when you get a light. The light does not connect to the base station like cameras do

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. The light doesn't count as a camera so you can add lights without needing to upgrade your subscription level. Make sure you get a Lights Bridge when you get a light. The light does not connect to the base station like cameras do

numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice

I thought the lights bridge was just to extend the range between security lights. Is a light bridge compulsory?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For all intents and purposes, consider the bridge to be like a base for the lights. Yes, the bridge connects to your base's WiFi but the lights connect to the bridge via Bluetooth. The twain shan't meet.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation