Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up Arlo Security Bridge and Bridge fails when QR code comes up

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JSDAL
Tutor
Tutor

Trying to add the Arlo Security Lights and Bridge to my existing system via my Iphone 6 app.  I open the app, go to Devices, choose add a device, Arlo Bridge and the picture of the back of the bridge comes up,  It has a picture of the back of the bridge and where the QR code can be found.  Problem is the App doesn't progress from there.  It doesn't give me an option, button etc to the camera to scan.  Can't go back, can't move forward.  App is the latest.  Turned phone on and off.  Nothing.  Help appreciated.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@JSDAL 

if you move your phone around until the QR code is in focus, is your phone's camera is not able to recognize the QR code?

What type and model of phone are you using?

Brian

JSDAL
Tutor
Tutor

The app doesnt' allow me to access the camera and scan feature.  It just frezzes.  

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Try removing and reinstalling the app. This has worked in the past.

My way of solving the scanning problem is to use a decent camera to take a good photo of the QR code. I then put the picture on a PC and can show that image to the app. But I use an android phone.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation