Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Security light and Essential outdoor cam won't work together

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ChicagoRay
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Security Light and my Essential Spotlight Camera (gen 1) individually work as they should, but the option in the App to have one trigger the other are grayed out and I can't choose it. The Light and Camera and Bridge are all installed and visible in the Arlo Secure App. The app and all the firmware are all the latest version. Is there a solution to this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That may depend on whether you see Library to view recordings or Feed. The new user interface (UI) may not support this as the security lights have been deprecated. 

ChicagoRay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I can view all the recordings in the feed. But in armed mode I can't add a rule to have the camera turn on the security light when it senses motion, or vise versa. The little built-in light on the camera turns on, but the security light instructions say it can work in tandem with the camera. It doesn't seem to be in the app anywhere.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChicagoRay wrote:

Yes I can view all the recordings in the feed. But in armed mode I can't add a rule to have the camera turn on the security light when it senses motion, or vise versa. The little built-in light on the camera turns on, but the security light instructions say it can work in tandem with the camera. It doesn't seem to be in the app anywhere.

My recollection is that one of the (many) issues with Feed is that it doesn't fully support the security light yet.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @ChicagoRay 

Thank you for the feedback. Was this feature working before you migrated to the latest Arlo experience with the "feed" tab at the bottom of the app. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation