Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
superbenben79
Aspirant
Aspirant

have 3 lights. 2 of them are working most of the time (motion or manul). the other 1 is mostly not working and that light is the furthest (about 40 feets). Is that the common max range? Planning to get another bridge closer to that light. Should i? Thx

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you follow the docs re setting the lights up to max distance via the indicator ?

To test the light, move it closer, temp , and see if it stays online

Find out if your light is close enough to your bridgeYou can use the range finder test to verify when a light is within range of your Arlo Bridge.¾To run a range finder test:

1. Tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device.If you are using a computer, enter https://my.arlo.com/#/loginin the address bar of a browser.The Devices page displays.

2. Tap the gear icon for the light.The Device Settings page displays for the selected light.

10Set up your system

3. Slide the Range Finder Test switch to turn the test on and off.The range finder test automatically turns off in five minutes if you don’t slide the Range Finder test switch.

4. Move around with your light to find the best placement location.The security light LEDs blink as follows:Green. The light is within range of your bridge.Red. The light is outside the range of your bridg

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
superbenben79
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac Thanks for the reply. I tested previously using the range finder and all lights flashed green. But then when it came to the actual use, the furthest one failed most of the time. that light works if i bring it closer to the bridge but that is not where I need it. I will probably get a 2nd bridge

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd switch two lights around to see if it's the location or the light before buying new hardware.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation