Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Arlo base lose the security lights i all rules

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

I have one Arlo base station (vmb4000) where all safety lights disappear in all rules in all modes. This particular base is one of three bases I have. But none of the other 2 bases loses the safety lights in any rules.

This is mode that controls the cameras (not the bridges).  I have repeatedly added new rules for the lights in all camera modes, but after a few hours the rules for the lights are gone again.  Only the cameras are left.  See attached picture.

For Arlo:  It's the base named "Rypaas".  And it is for all modes, including "Armed".

Some help for this?

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would start by rebooting the base. I would then create brand new modes and rules in case the existing modes are somehow corrupt. If all fails, remove the base and connected cameras from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted. Rebuild your modes and rules.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat wrote:

I would start by rebooting the base. I would then create brand new modes and rules in case the existing modes are somehow corrupt. If all fails, remove the base and connected cameras from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted. Rebuild your modes and rules.

I've added new mode, but it does not help. The rest of your proposal is a standard solution that Arlo comes with all the time. If this system does not work without removing the cameras completely every time and restoring the entire base, then the system is hopeless. It's a toy.

Now the base, which was originally the case here, solved the problem by itself - the lights are back. It have the latest updated software.

But another base has now lost the lights. I have tried to put the lights back in the modes and hope that they will remain in place.

There are so many errors with Arlo I wonder if this is the right camera system for me.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation