Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the flexibility of placing your Arlo Security Lights in many different conditions, light from the surrounding environment can have an impact on whether or not your Arlo Security Light will turn on when motion is detected. Your Arlo Security light has a special ambient light sensor that automatically measures the amount of light in its surroundings. In a bright environment, your light may not turn on but you will still receive motion alerts, this allows your Arlo Security Light to conserve battery when turning on the light isn't necessary. With the new Dusk to Dawn feature, you now have more control over the ambient light sensor threshold and when your Arlo Security Light will turn on when motion is detected.

For more information on this new feature, take a look at these KB articles:

What is the Dusk to Dawn sensor setting on my Arlo Security Light?

How do I change the Dusk to Dawn sensor setting?

Why aren't my Arlo Security Lights turning on during the day?

To gain access to this new feature, you will need the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App available from the app store and the latest firmware for your Arlo Security Light and Bridge.

12 REPLIES 12
jcermak1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently purchased 3 security lights with bridge. Light would not turn on during daytime conditions. So I read this article & tried to adjust the setting which procedure was indicated above & no such option existed in my Arlo App. Downloaded app on 9/6/18. So I imagine this is the current version. Help Plz?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's in Settings, My Devices, your light, Dawn to Dusk Sensor. If not there, reinstall your app. ALso, try a browser.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jcermak1,

How recently did you set up your lights? You will need the most recent firmware update installed to access this new feature. What firmware version do you see for your bridge/lights when you login to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your bridge/light > device info > firmware.

JamesC

jcermak1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will check today but the devices firmware was updated on 9/11/18 & Installed the app not long before then. I will redownload the app & try to update all light devices if needed. If such resolutions to my problem arent the answer, what would you suggest is my next step?

jcermak1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My security light is firmware version 3.2.25 and bridge is 2.0.0.0_22118_107
Davidmoreland
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a 3 light system just purchased and installed with most recent firmware etc. One light has a dust to dawn sensor but the other two don't
I have reinstalled the app and still have the problem
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Davidmoreland,

Has the firmware on the two lights with the issue updated to the latest (same version as the one that is showing the dusk to dawn sensor as available)?

JamesC

Davidmoreland
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

I now see that the light that has the setting is3.2.45 and the others are 3.2.25 so no they aren't on the same version.

How do I update the others?

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Davidmoreland,

The update should take place automatically within 24 hours from installation.

JamesC

Davidmoreland
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

You were correct sir - update just ocurred on the "rogue" devices and Dusk to Dawn Sensor is now available on all.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great! Glad to hear you're up and running. Take a look at the links in the original post if you have any additional questions about the Dusk to Dawn feature.

JamesC

mimi220
Aspirant
Aspirant

the setting which procedure was indicated above

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation