Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Important: Bridge and Light firmware updates

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Bridge

• During installation, the first firmware update will be received automatically.
  • Future updates will be received automatically during the 12-2 pm window.
  • An error flag will show in place of the light on/off switch within the app. A pop up message will be displayed with information on the update when this flag is selected. The bridge will cycle through several LED behaviors during the update. It's important that you do not remove power during this update. 

Arlo Security Light

• 24 hours after installation, the first firmware update is attempted automatically during the 12-2 pm window - If the first update is unsuccessful, it will automatically be attempted again during the same window the next day. It could take up to 3 days for the update to be received after first setup. If you still experience an issue receiving the update, try bringing the light close to the bridge (temporarily, within a few feet) and leave it during the update window.
  • An error flag will show in place of the light on/off switch within the app. A pop up message will be displayed with information on the update when this flag is selected. It's important that you do not remove power during this update. 

For more information on firmware updates, visit: How do I update the firmware on my Arlo Security Light system?

For information on the latest FW version available for your Bridge and Light, visit: Firmware Release Notes

For information on how to check your current Bridge and Light firmware, visit: How do I view the serial number and firmware version of my Arlo Security Light or Arlo Bridge?

2 REPLIES 2
NormaJean
Aspirant
Aspirant
I lost my Dawn-to-Dusk sensor during the firmware upgrade. How do I get it back without re-installing all my hardware?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NormaJean,

After your lights receive the latest firmware, you will then be able to access the Dusk to Dawn sensor in your lights settings. Are you still experiencing an issue?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation